How do I verify my identity?
In order to verify your identity, go to the Home screen and tap on the Profile icon in the top left corner. There, select 'Personal details', and verify your identity. You will need to take a picture of a valid government-issued photo ID and a picture of your face.
We may request a copy of your legal right to remain in your country (e.g. visa). Some tips to ensure the identity verification goes smoothly:
- Take a clear picture of your identity document, where every single detail is readable without any blur
- Take the photos somewhere brightly lit
- Turn flash off to avoid glare on your documents
- Make sure the details on your Revolut profile match the details on your legal document
- Do not take a picture of a picture
Accepted documents include but are not limited to:
- Passport (standard, diplomatic)
- Passport cards
- Visa along with national passport. Note: visit, tourist or Schengen visas are not supported.
- Residence card or residence permit
UK provisional driving licence is not accepted.
Due to Brexit, we may need to ask you to reverify the ID before we can migrate your account to our European entity.
Please keep in mind that you need to submit documents, which support your right to remain in the country, registered with your profile.
As we have a large number of pending documents to check, it might take some time for your re-verification status to be confirmed (possibly several days). This won’t affect your account in any way.
In particular countries governments automatically extend the validity of some documents due to Covid-19. If this is your case and you haven’t received notification about completed verification, or there are individual circumstances that you need to address, please chat to us.