- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account or card
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- Revolut Pockets
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
Why my online payment was declined?
If your online payment was declined, please check the particular transaction in the app to identify the exact reason.
The most common reasons for online payments failing are listed below:
1. Online transactions are not enabled
You can check if online payments are enabled for a specific card by tapping on it and choosing 'PIN & Security'.
2. Billing address not entered correctly
Some websites ask for a billing address as part of the checkout process — always make sure you enter this exactly as it appears in the Revolut app.
3. Payment not confirmed in the app
For some payments, the merchant might ask you to confirm the payment in the Revolut app, and you'll get a push notification to your device from us. Just open your Revolut app and click 'Continue'.
If you're experiencing issues with payment verification, please try closing and reopening the Revolut app and try again. If the transaction amount is higher than €250 (or other currency equivalent) and the merchant doesn't initiate this extra payment confirmation, it may fall under a category of payments that we are obligated, by European payment regulations, to decline.
Unfortunately, only the merchant website can trigger 3DS, so it is up to them to fix.
If your transaction matches these criteria, try splitting your cart into smaller payments if possible. Read more about this regulation here.
If the transaction was declined, but the payment shows as completed, please fill out our online chargeback form.
To submit a chargeback form, go to your transactions' history in the app, choose the transaction you would like to report and tap on 'Report an issue'. You will be able to submit a chargeback form from there.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission