- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account or card
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- Revolut Pockets
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
We use the real exchange rate for foreign exchanges (FX) and don't add any markup to it.
The “real” rate can mean different things (it has different names, like the “interbank” rate). Here at Revolut, the real exchange rate means the buy and sell rates we have determined based on the foreign exchange market data feeds that we get from a range of different independent sources.
Since the interbank exchange rate is constantly fluctuating, the rates are locked in for the weekend may not be the same as the rates that are available when the markets open on Monday morning.
The foreign exchange rate can be viewed on the Revolut app before exchanging currency or making a bank transfer involving foreign exchange. If you need to make a card payment or withdraw cash in a currency you can’t hold with Revolut, just pay or withdraw cash using your Revolut card. We'll automatically convert at the best available rate provided by financial exchanges.
When exchanging currencies with Revolut, fees may apply. Please check our fees page for your country and plan. If any fees were charged on your exchange, you can see it by tapping on the transaction in your transactions list.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission