Revolut x Allegro Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Allegro Promotion (the "Promotion”), Revolut is offering customers and potential customers of Allegro in Poland the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- 2 months of the Revolut Premium subscription plan for free (the “Free Trial”);
- 50 Allegro Coins subject to these Promotion Terms (the “Allegro Coins”).
This Promotion will run between 00:00 CEST on 30th September 2022 and 23:59 CEST on 31th October 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). In order to receive the Free Trial and Allegro Coins you must sign up to Revolut through a unique link from Allegro and meet the other terms set out in these Promotion Terms during the Promotion Period.
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
The Promotion is brought to you by Revolut Bank UAB (“Revolut Bank”).
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Live at a residential address in Poland; and
- Either receive marketing directly from Allegro about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in Allegro’s app and/or on Allegro’s website and/or Affiliates working with Allegro, so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (you will only receive an email from Allegro regarding the promotion if you have already provided your personal data to Allegro and are happy for Allegro to send marketing to you).
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link you have received from Allegro - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account and will be offered the Free Trial;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks before the end of the Promotion Period. If you already have a Revolut Personal account you won’t be eligible for this Promotion;
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC) with a registered address in Poland with no restrictions on your account before the end of the Promotion Period.
- To receive Allegro Coins, you need to make three Qualifying Transactions of at least 5 PLN or more, as well as order a physical Revolut Debit card of your choice. These must be genuine physical or virtual card transactions. Please see the section “How do I redeem my Allegro Coins” below to understand what we consider to be the Qualifying Transactions.
You must be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC) by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Free Trial and Allegro Coins, but you have 30 days from the moment your account has been opened to make 3 qualifying transactions and order a physical card.
How do I start my Free Trial?
You can start your Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”. To start your Free Trial, you will need to complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium subscription plan within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened, even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to the Premium subscription plan until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard in your Revolut App how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
You have the right to cancel your Premium subscription during the Revolut Free Trial (your “Cooling-off Period”). Note that the Cooling-off Period will last for the duration of the Revolut Free Trial.
If you ordered a card during your Revolut Free Trial and then wish to cancel your Premium subscription plan before the end of the Cooling-off Period, you may still be automatically charged for your Revolut Premium subscription. However, we will refund those fees on your Revolut account within one week of us processing your downgrade request. If you submit the downgrade request directly through the Revolut app, you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. If you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your Premium subscription within your Cooling-off Period, you may also have to pay us back for the card delivery fees. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
On the expiry of the Revolut Free Trial, you will remain on your Premium subscription unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. We’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the paid plan.
You can also end your Premium subscription at any time after the Revolut Free Trial. However, you may have to pay fees if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Revolut Free Trial ends.
How do I redeem my Allegro Coins?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?” after you make your first three physical or virtual Revolut card payments over 5 PLN (“Qualifying Transactions”) and order a physical Revolut card, you can receive a promo-code for 50 Allegro Coins. Don’t worry - you don’t need a physical card to make the Qualifying Transactions: you can easily generate a virtual card in the app and use it for this purpose. But you do need to order a physical card to be eligible for Allegro Coins. Each Qualifying transaction must be a genuine purchase (for example, card transactions to payment service providers and money transfers will not count).
You will need to complete the steps above within 30 days of opening your Revolut account and passing our KYC checks. Once your Revolut Personal account is successfully opened and you have satisfied the criteria above, Revolut will send you a unique Allegro promo-code by email within 7 days. You will need to click “Claim offer” in the email and you will be redirected to allegro.pl where you'll either be instructed to create a new Allegro account or you will be instructed to log in to your existing account. In order to redeem the Allegro Coins, you will need to insert the promo-code you have received from us. Once your promo-code is validated, 50 Allegro Coins will be added to your Allegro account. Please review the relevant Allegro regulations to learn how to manage your Allegro Coins.
Your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened and you need to have made the Qualifying Purchases and ordered a physical card within 30 days of of opening your Revolut account and passing our KYC checks but it doesn’t matter if you don’t redeem your Allegro coins within the above mentioned time; you’ll still be able to redeem your Allegro coins as long as you redeem the unique Allegro promo-code received in the email from Revolut within 60 days of receiving it.
The applicable terms and conditions for the Allegro account will apply to you during your Allegro Coin Offer and on the expiry of the Allegro Coin Offer. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your Allegro account.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel this Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice. If we change these Promotion Terms, we will make the updated Promotion Terms available on our website.
- Any change to the Promotion Terms (including the suspension or termination of the Promotion) does not affect your rights if you have already participated in the Promotion (unless required by any applicable law).
- We agree to give you a Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period. After your Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay monthly or annually, and your Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Free Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of the Free Trial and Allegro Coins as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These Promotion Terms are published in English and in Polish. To the extent permitted by law the English language version of these Promotion Terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings. Nevertheless, you can rely on applicable laws in your country regarding the language used in consumer relations.
- To the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of Poland. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania or Poland.