- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account or card
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
Getting verified for ZAR transfers to South Africa
Why does my recipient need to be verified?
Due to local regulation, we need some information from your recipient to complete your transfer to South Africa. It typically takes 1 to 3 working days to review your recipient’s information.
What does the verification process look like?
The South African Reserve Bank requires that all recipients complete verification, or a Reporting Mandate, in order to receive money.
Our local partner will contact your recipient by text and email requesting them to complete an online form. Once the form is completed, your recipient will receive the money.
The recipient is required to repeat the verification process once a year for every provider they receive transfers from.
What are the documents my recipient needs to upload?
In order to pass verification, the recipient will need to submit an ID document. The recipient’s ID document can be a high quality photo or a scan of their identity card, driving licence, or passport.
They will also be required to take a photo of themselves holding their ID document.
What happens after my recipient completes the form?
Once the form has been completed, our local banking partner will start processing the transaction. Depending on what time the form was completed, your money will arrive either the same or the next working day. Please check the bank transfer tracker in the app for details on the status of your transfer.
Your recipient will have 6 days to complete the form. If the form is not completed within that time, the money will be returned to your Revolut account.
- I did not receive a tracking number for my delivery
- Why is my card not posted yet?
- Where can I get my card delivered to?
- My physical card is not working
- My disposable virtual card is not working
- My contactless card payment is not working
- I have exceeded all my PIN attempts!
- I want to change my card PIN
- What to do if my card was lost or stolen?
- My card has been compromised
- My card has been swallowed by an ATM
- My Revolut card is due to expire – what should I do?
- I've found my 'lost' card – how can I re-link it?
- What is Smart Card Updates?
- I would like a refund for my card