What does 'incidental basis' mean in the Terms & Conditions of my travel insurance?
For standard annual policies:
'Incidental basis' means that the sport you are participating in on your holiday is non-competitive and done on an entirely amateur basis, without racing or competition.
So, for example, if you're going skiing for the week and have purchased winter sports cover, you won't be covered if this is for competitive skiing or a training camp.
Don't worry—you'll still be covered for your ski or cycling holiday (as long as you're not competing or racing).
For Revolut Premium and Revolut Metal customers:
From 1 April 2022 the term 'incidental basis' doesn't feature in your Insurance Conditions. Sporting activities are covered on your trip as long as they're not part of any professional, semi-professional or amateur competition, and as long as they don't fall under our list of high risk sports or activities. Please read the Conditions for Beneficiaries for further details.
- What makes Revolut travel insurance different?
- Are cruises covered?
- Am I eligible for Revolut travel insurance?
- How do I make a travel insurance claim?
- Am I covered for Covid-19?
- Finding Conditions for beneficiaries and other details of my travel insurance coverage
- Who is Revolut's travel insurance provider?
- Can my companion be covered by the travel insurance?
- What is the maximum trip duration covered by Revolut travel insurance?
- What is the excess for medical claims?
- What does 'incidental basis' mean in the Terms & Conditions of my travel insurance?
- Embedded Travel Insurance (Premium & Metal Customers)
- Do the changes to Premium and Metal subscribers impact me
- Can I add winter sports cover?
- I’m abroad and I’m not feeling well, what should I do?
- I saw a doctor but wasn't admitted to hospital, can I claim back these costs?
- Do I need to submit or declare any pre-existing conditions?
- Do I need to tell you when I go away on holiday?
- If I travel for longer than the maximum trip duration can I pay for extra cover?
- How do I make a complaint about Allianz?
- Does my insurance cover me for airport delays?