People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 25+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
The Finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its humble beginnings into a major function that supports all areas of the business in a strategic fashion. You'll get to work with players from all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking licence application process, the next you're running analysis for a new product launch and creating an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
We are looking to bring onboard a world-class CFO that will assist the CEO in leading the Australian organisation through ongoing and steady growth, consistently introducing new products to the local market and guiding our transition towards a banking model. We are looking for a tech-savvy, hands-on, results-oriented leader and team player with experience working in the finance function of a retail bank to join our Leadership Team in Australia.
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of finance from financial control and trading through to accounting, tax and treasury. You will be the head of our Australia and New Zealand finance team and will be responsible for running an effective accounting function for our financial operations domestically. We need someone with vision and ideas who will tackle any problem, as well as the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved. This position requires an entrepreneurial operator looking to make an impact and drive all aspects of the Revolut’s financial performance.
Reporting directly to the CEO of the region, you will play a critical role in the success of Revolut in Australia as we draw nearer to our end goal of securing a banking licence.
What you’ll be doing
- Key member of the Australian Leadership Team, responsible for all financial aspects within the Revolut Australia Entity.
- Lead management accounting and financial and regulatory reporting along with oversight of treasury & local balance sheet management, while providing commercial and operational management information to support rapid expansion.
- Strong FP&A and forecasting orientation to enhance regional sophistication around trends and future opportunities.
- Provide strategic input and advice on the business whilst overseeing the day-to-day running of finance.
- Understanding and communicating financial performance, risks and financial management to the Leadership Team and Advisory Board.
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process. Drive an increase in overall financial performance.
- Assume responsibility in the taxation and regulatory reporting requirements required locally to ensure compliance.
- Be the point of contact locally for regulatory & compliance enquiries.
- Performing risk management functions by overseeing liabilities and investments. Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks.
- Control and evaluate fundraising plans and capital structure.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate to support operations.
- Providing support to external consultants; manage a timely and effective audit.
What you'll need
- 7+ years of experience in a financial leadership role acquired from within the banking sector, with a strong understanding of a bank’s balance sheet, key regulatory ratios, accounting of securities portfolios, loans and hedge accounting principles.
- Be able to build a bank P&L and B/S (with key ratios) model from scratch.
- Chartered Accountant (or equivalent), trained in a reputable practice.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queries.
- Positive attitude: 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects.
- Preferably some degree of start-up experience, or the agility to adapt to a rapidly-growing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant regulation and regulatory bodies in Australia.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive.
- An accounting, treasury/risk, or investment banking background.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to recruit and lead a team of senior finance professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to think and reason logically.
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
Benefits at Revolut
No ping pong tables or bean bag chairs, just benefits you actually want
Get what you need to succeed
- Financial benefits that show we value your work
- Medical insurance for you and your close ones
- Flexibility to work from home, the office or abroad
- A free Revolut Metal subscription loaded with perks
- Exciting events year-round so you can get to know your team
Discover our values
We believe that any success at Revolut comes from two things: our people and our culture. Our culture is our DNA, it defines who we are, how we operate, and how we handle disagreements with each other. We operate, hire, develop, and promote brilliant people based on the values below.
- Get It Done
Revoluters always push through! We stopped listening to excuses a long time ago - we care about results. We believe that grit, determination, skill, smartness, and courage can break through almost any wall.
- Deliver WOW
We love building great products, we love delighting our customers, we love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs.
- Dream Team
We select, coach, and retain the top talent only and give them all the support to achieve greatness
- Never Settle
Revolut is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less. Revolut is for 10x people.
- Think Deeper
Logic, reason, and common sense prevail over everything else in decision making at Revolut. We are open-minded, we listen, and we are always in search of the truth.