St Patrick's Day 2023 Free Trial Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the St Patrick’s Day 2023 Free Trial Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut Bank UAB is offering its selected existing customers in Austria, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway and Slovakia the opportunity to win a free trial on a paid Premium subscription plan for a limited time (the “Free Trial”).
The Promotion will run from 00.00 UTC on 17 March 2023 to 11:59 UTC on 20 March 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion. You will also need to complete the steps listed in “What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?” before the end of the Promotion Period.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Have an active Personal account on a Standard subscription plan with Revolut Bank UAB. This means you have to have completed our signup process, passed Revolut’s Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks, your account must not be suspended, closed or restricted in any way, and you must also have a positive account balance;
- Live at a residential address in Austria, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, or Slovakia;
- Receive an email or in-app push notification directly from us, inviting you to take part in this Promotion.
You will also need to complete the following step:
- Click on the unique link in the email or in-app push notification that we sent to you. Once you click on the link, you will be taken to the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut App which will tell you how many months of Free Trial you have won. You can choose to either accept or decline the Free Trial.
You must complete the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Free Trial. To start your Free Trial, you’ll need to complete the steps set out in “How do I start my Free Trial?” section of these Promotion Terms.
How do I start my Free Trial?
You can start your Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”. To start your Free Trial, you will need to accept the Free Trial once it’s offered to you on the Promotion dashboard and complete the steps to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium plan you won before the end of the Promotion Period. Just so you know, the terms and conditions for the Premium subscription plan you are being offered as part of the Promotion (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial.
If you order a card during your Free Trial period and then cancel the plan that you won as part of the Promotion before the end or at the end of your Free Trial period, you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
On the expiry of the Free Trial, you will remain on the Premium plan that you won as part of the Promotion unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply. Our paid plans are all on 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. We’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the paid plan.
You can also leave the paid plan at any time, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Free Trial ends.
What other legal information should I know?
- The Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis.
- We may, at our sole discretion, suspend, terminate or change these Promotion Terms. If we exercise this right, we will try to give you advance notice.
- Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives and family members of such individuals (or people living in the same household whether related or not) of Revolut Bank UAB, or their corporate partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut Bank UAB may also occur that render the awarding of a Free Trial as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut Bank UAB will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These Promotion Terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only - participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these Promotion Terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- To the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Promotion Terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).