How to add money by iDeal and why can my deposit fail?
iDEAL is a convenient way to add money that works through your online banking. Here is some basic information on how it works:
- iDEAL is only available to users in the Netherlands.
- iDEAL is only available for selected banks in the Netherlands. You can see the list of available banks after you select iDEAL deposit method in the app.
- iDEAL securely pulls money from your bank account to pay for your deposit.
If your iDEAL deposit failed, please look into the transaction in the transactions list to get more information on the reason for failure.
The most common reasons that an iDEAL deposit fails are:
- the name on your bank account doesn't match the name on your Revolut account,
- insufficient funds in your bank account.
If your deposit wasn't successful, the funds should be reverted and returned within 5 working days.
With bank transfer
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Guide to EUR bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to GBP bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to USD bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Which local account details are available for me?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the bank transfer reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- My top-up failed, but the refund didn’t arrive to sender's account
- My deposit arrived in a different currency