Who is a PEP?
A politically exposed person (PEP) is defined by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) as “an individual who is or has been entrusted with a prominent public function. Due to their position and influence, it is recognised that many PEPs are in positions that potentially can be abused for the purpose of committing money laundering offences and related predicate offences, including corruption and bribery, as well as conducting activity related to terrorist financing. (...)”. Also, the PEPs are “individuals who are, or have been, entrusted with prominent public functions and their family members and close associates, and includes both domestic and foreign PEPs”.
So we are legally obliged to establish whether you, as the customer, might have any political connection. This isn't anything to worry about, as “these requirements are preventive (not criminal) in nature, and should not be interpreted as stigmatising PEPs as such being involved in criminal activity”.
What does it mean to you?
If we establish that you are a PEP, we'll ask you to complete the source of funds check. It's not because we don’t trust you, we are legally required to do so, as a standard procedure.
What if I don’t want to be considered a PEP?
Unfortunately, it doesn’t solely depend on us or our judgement. We need to follow certain procedures and regulations. However, if you are considered an Associate PEP due to the proximity of your relationship with another person and that is no longer in place (for example, due to divorce or annulment) – then please let us know on chat and we will take that into consideration.
We won’t be able to let you know about the results of the investigation, but will record this and take it into the account.
Integrating with apps
Using the FreeAgent integration
- How to setup the FreeAgent integration?
- Which transactions are synchronised into FreeAgent?
- I set-up the integration but don't see any transactions in FreeAgent. What happened?
- I've created a new account in Revolut. How do I update the FreeAgent integration settings to include it?
- Can I temporarily stop syncing transactions to FreeAgent?
- What happens if I disconnect FreeAgent integration?
Using the Slack integration
Using the Xero Bank Feed integration
- How does the Xero integration work?
- When are transactions synchronised to Xero?
- I set-up the integration but don't see any transactions in Xero yet. What happened?
- How can I synchronise old transactions?
- Is there anything I should do to avoid duplicate transactions appearing on my Xero account?
- Which transactions are synchronised to Xero?
- I've created a new account in Revolut. How do I update the Xero integration settings to include it?
- Can I temporarily stop syncing transactions to Xero?
- What happens if I disconnect Xero integration?