How can I control my gambling?
Gambling can be a lot of fun. But, it's best to set a limit for the time and amount of money you spend on gambling. Usually, that should be enough to keep your gambling under control. Sometimes, additional measures should be taken. To help you, your friend, or a colleague overcome gambling addiction, you can set up spending limits on Revolut Business cards.
If you spot any of the signs listed below, either for yourself or any person you know – you should consider getting professional help.
The signs to look out for are:
- Spending more money and time that you can afford
- Having issues with managing or stopping your gambling within set limits
- Arguing with friends or family about gambling
- Not wanting to do the things that used to be fun, like hobbies, spending time with friends or family
- Constantly thinking about gambling
- Hiding gambling or lying about it to others
- Trying to gamble your way out of financial problems
- Gambling until there is no money left
- Missing payments on utilities, selling goods, borrowing money to afford gambling
- Needing to spend more and more money and time to get the same thrill from gambling
- Postponing or neglecting all the personal or professional activities because of gambling
- Anxiety, worry, guilt, depression
Integrating with apps
Using the FreeAgent integration
- How to setup the FreeAgent integration?
- Which transactions are synchronised into FreeAgent?
- I set-up the integration but don't see any transactions in FreeAgent. What happened?
- I've created a new account in Revolut. How do I update the FreeAgent integration settings to include it?
- Can I temporarily stop syncing transactions to FreeAgent?
- What happens if I disconnect FreeAgent integration?
Using the Slack integration
Using the Xero Bank Feed integration
- How does the Xero integration work?
- When are transactions synchronised to Xero?
- I set-up the integration but don't see any transactions in Xero yet. What happened?
- How can I synchronise old transactions?
- Is there anything I should do to avoid duplicate transactions appearing on my Xero account?
- Which transactions are synchronised to Xero?
- I've created a new account in Revolut. How do I update the Xero integration settings to include it?
- Can I temporarily stop syncing transactions to Xero?
- What happens if I disconnect Xero integration?