This Notice gives you some more information about how Revolut Messenger works. In particular, this Notice sets out important privacy information that you should be aware of when you use Revolut Messenger.
When you use Revolut Messenger, you should carefully read this Notice alongside Revolut’s:
Your use of Revolut Messenger is subject to your acceptance of Revolut’s Personal Terms and understanding of Revolut’s Community Standards.
What is Revolut Messenger?
Revolut Messenger is an in-app messaging service that Revolut customers can use to send messages to each other. You can only send messages to other Revolut customers that are your trusted contacts.
Can Revolut read your messages?
Revolut will not be able to read your messages but will be able to see information relating to any payments you make or receive through Revolut.
Your Revolut messages are encrypted end-to-end. This means that Revolut will never be able to access any message that you send through Revolut Messenger.
While Revolut cannot access your messages, we will have some information about how you use Revolut Messenger, including:
- the time and date you send or receive a message;
- the identity of the other Revolut customer you are chatting with; and
- the time and date that you open, or re-open, an encrypted chat session.
Revolut can access information if you initiate a payment to, or receive a payment from, another Revolut customer through Revolut Messenger. For example, Revolut will have access to any information that is generated when you:
- request a payment from another Revolut customer through Revolut Messenger
- send a payment to another Revolut customer through Revolut Messenger
- accept, or decline, a payment request from another Revolut customer through Revolut Messenger
How can you change your Revolut Messenger preferences?
Through your in-app Privacy Dashboard, you can turn off:
- Revolut Messenger entirely
- Revolut Messenger message previews
Through Revolut Messenger, you will also be able to:
- block specific trusted contacts from being able to contact you through Revolut Messenger
- delete any messages you have sent to a trusted contact. This will delete the message for both you, as sender, and the recipient.
Where can you find more information about how Revolut processes your personal data?
Check out our Customer Privacy Notice. This has lots of important privacy information about things like:
- which Revolut company is the controller of your personal data
- why Revolut generally collects and uses your personal data
- how Revolut shares your personal data
- whether Revolut shares your personal data internationally
- how long Revolut retains your personal data
- how you can exercise your rights as a data subject under relevant privacy laws
Who should you contact if you have any questions?
Contact email@example.com if you have any data protection questions about Revolut Messenger. Our expert team will be happy to help.