Is depreciation applied to the item value when I make a claim?
Yes, for the Purchase Protection, a depreciation of 5% per month is applied starting 90 days following the purchase. For the Refund Protection and Ticket Cancellation, no depreciation is applied.
To illustrate how the depreciation works, let's consider an £1,000 item.
- Up to 3 months (90 days), you can still claim £1,000
- Up to 4 months (91 to 120 days), you can claim £950
- Up to 9 months, you can claim £700
- Up to 12 months, you can claim £550
- After 13 months, you can no longer make a claim
Please see the Terms & Conditions in the app for more details.
You can access them in the app by going to Hub → Insurance → select the type and click on 'All documents'.
- What makes Revolut travel insurance different?
- Are cruises covered?
- Am I eligible for Revolut travel insurance?
- How do I make a travel insurance claim?
- Am I covered for Covid-19?
- Finding Conditions for beneficiaries and other details of my travel insurance coverage
- Who is Revolut's travel insurance provider?
- Can my companion be covered by the travel insurance?
- What is the maximum trip duration covered by Revolut travel insurance?
- What is the excess for medical claims?
- What does 'incidental basis' mean in the Terms & Conditions of my travel insurance?
- Embedded Travel Insurance (Premium & Metal Customers)
- Do the changes to Premium and Metal subscribers impact me
- Can I add winter sports cover?
- I’m abroad and I’m not feeling well, what should I do?
- I saw a doctor but wasn't admitted to hospital, can I claim back these costs?
- Do I need to submit or declare any pre-existing conditions?
- Do I need to tell you when I go away on holiday?
- If I travel for longer than the maximum trip duration can I pay for extra cover?
- How do I make a complaint about Allianz?