What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Wanderlust Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering Wanderlust readers and followers in the United Kingdom and in the EEA the opportunity to sign up to for the first time and receive:
- Two months of the Revolut Premium subscription plan for free (the “Revolut Free Trial”); and
- 12 months of the Wanderlust subscription plan for free (the “Free Wanderlust Club Subscription”).
In order to receive the Revolut Free Trial and the Free Wanderlust Club Subscription, you must be eligible and follow certain steps: see “What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion” below.
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and once you become a Revolut customer, you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- be a resident in the United Kingdom or in any EEA country where Revolut Bank UAB provides its services;
- be a new Revolut customer (this means you must not already have a Personal account or have previously held a Personal account with any Revolut entity);
- be a Wanderlust customer or sign up to become one if you're not already;
- not already have an active Wanderlust Club Subscription (this means you must not be currently subscribed to Wanderlust Club via your Wanderlust account); and
- either receive marketing directly from Wanderlust about the Promotion via email or see the Promotion marketed on Wanderlust’s website or in Wanderlust’s magazine, newsletter and/or social media (we’ll call this the “Wanderlust Marketing Materials”) so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (you will only receive direct marketing from Wanderlust if you have already provided your personal data to Wanderlust and are happy for Wanderlust to send marketing to you).
You will need to complete the following steps between 00:00 UTCon the 7th of September and 23:59 on the 31st of January 2023 (the “Promotion Period”) to be eligible for the Revolut Free Trial.
- make sure you sign up to Revolut by clicking on the unique link or QR code from the Wanderlust Marketing Materials and inserting the promotional code included on the Wanderlust Marketing Materials;
- provide Revolut with your phone number on the Revolut x Wanderlust landing page that you are directed to when you follow the unique link or QR code. Once you’ve done this you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account;
- follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and get your account verified by completing our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks; and
- be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC) with a registered address in the United Kingdom or in the EEA and with no restrictions on your account.
How do I start my Revolut Free Trial?
Once you have completed the steps within the “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?” section of these Promotion Terms, you will be eligible to start your Free Trial. If you decide not to upgrade, you will remain on the Standard plan which does not have a subscription fee. You can close your Revolut account at any time (see the “How do I close my account?” section of the Personal Terms that apply to your account for more information). You will still have to pay any charges you’ve run up (for example, if you’ve asked for an extra Revolut Card)).
If you are interested in the Free Trial, the duration of the Free Trial will be shown to you in the Wanderlust Marketing Materials and we’ll also confirm to you in the app how long your Free Trial will last for before you upgrade. You will need to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium subscription plan within 72 hours of being successfully onboarded to Revolut (with a registered address in the United Kingdom or in the EEA and with no restrictions on your account).
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium subscription plan (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Revolut Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Revolut Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard how long you’ll receive your selected Premium subscription plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Promotion Terms.
You have the right to cancel your Premium subscription during the Revolut Free Trial (your “Cooling-off Period”). Note that the Cooling-off Period will last for the duration of the Revolut Free Trial.
If you ordered a card during your Revolut Free Trial and then wish to cancel your Premium subscription plan before the end of the Cooling-off Period, you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. If you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your Premium subscription within your Cooling-off Period, you may also have to pay us back for the card delivery fees. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
On the expiry of the Revolut Free Trial, you will remain on your Premium subscription unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. We’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the paid plan.
You can also end your Premium subscription at any time after the Revolut Free Trial. However, you may have to pay fees if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Revolut Free Trial ends.
How do I get my Free Wanderlust Subscription?
In order to receive your Free Wanderlust Club Subscription, you must have already completed the steps within the “What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?” part of these Promotion Terms, and have started your Revolut Free Trial by upgrading to Premium. You then need to complete the below steps:
- order a Revolut Premium card (free of cost); and
- make three physical or virtual Revolut card payments (there is no minimum amount per payment or collectively).
Don’t worry, you don’t need to wait for your physical Revolut Premium card to arrive first before you can make your Revolut card payments. You can easily generate a virtual card in the app and use it for this purpose. Just so you know, these must be genuine Revolut card payments - card transactions to payment service providers and money transfers are not valid.
Once you have completed all of the above steps, we will send you a unique Wanderlust Club Subscription code via email - you will receive this code around 15 days or more after we've confirmed you have completed the above two steps for the Wanderlust Club Subscription. Once you receive the email, you will need to click “Claim offer” in the email and you will be redirected to wanderlust.com where your code will be automatically recognised. You'll either be instructed to create a new Wanderlust account if you don’t already have one, or you will be instructed to log in to your existing Wanderlust account, and the Free Wanderlust Subscription will be added to your account once you enter your unique Wanderlust Club Subscription code.
The Free Wanderlust Club Subscription will not be available to you if you already have an active Wanderlust Club Subscription at the time of redeeming the unique Wanderlust Club Subscription code received in the email from Revolut. You need to have completed all of the above steps including entering your Wanderlust Club Subscription code before the end of the Promotion Period. It doesn’t matter if you don’t start your Free Wanderlust Club Subscription until after the end of the Promotion Period as long as you redeem the subscription before the Promotion Period ends.
On the expiry of your Free Wanderlust Club Subscription, your Wanderlust subscription account will remain open but if you wish to continue using a Wanderlust Club Subscription, you will need to pay the relevant charges for the Wanderlust Club Subscription to Wanderlust directly.
What other legal information should I know?
- For residents in the UK, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD.
- For residents in the EEA, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, the Republic of Lithuania.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion at any time if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis.
- We can cancel this Promotion or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice. If we change these Promotion Terms or cancel this Promotion, we will announce the change or cancellation in the same way we announced this Promotion. Also, we will publish the updated version of these Promotion Terms on our website. Any changes to the Promotion Terms do not affect your rights, if you have already participated in the Promotion.
- We agree to give you a Revolut Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Free Trial). After your Revolut Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or annually, and your Revolut Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Revolut Free Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- Revolut will process your personal data in line with the Customer Privacy Notice that applies to your account which you can find here.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before you were due to receive a Wanderlust Club Subscription code from us, you will lose your entitlement to that code.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of the Free Wanderlust Subscription as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- In relation to residents in the UK, to the extent permitted by law these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England.
- In relation to residents in the EEA, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you reside. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania or the EEA country where you reside.