At Revolut we take your security seriously, which is why at some point we may need you to take a moment to verify your source of funds. When we may ask you to verify information varies from account to account. Check below what documents you need to upload depending on your source of wealth (please make sure that your name, dates, and all document information are clearly visible):
- Salary: If your top-up was generated from your salary, you’ll need to send us copies of your payslips from the previous 3 months or a tax statement.
- Savings: In order to verify your savings, we need to know how you earned the money that you put aside as saving. Please upload a bank statement showing the current balance of your savings account and relevant documents showing the source of your savings.
- Sale of property: If you’ve sold a property and put some or all of the proceeds to your Revolut account, you'll need to send us a copy of the sale agreement for the property or a signed letter from the lawyer handling the sale of the property; a bank statement showing the proceeds of the sale being credited to your bank account, and a statement showing the funds being transferred to your bank account (unless the funds are due to be deposited directly into your Revolut account).
- Cryptocurrency: In order to verify your cryptocurrency funds, we need to know how you earned the money that you invested in cryptocurrency. Please provide us with the relevant documents and statements showing your current cryptocurrency balance and any deposits/trades/withdrawals from the last 3 months.
- Loan: If the source of your deposit is a loan—please upload an executed copy of the loan agreement and a bank statement showing the received funds along with your current balance.
- Inheritance: If you have inherited wealth—please upload the grant of probate, the inheritance will, and a bank statement showing the received funds along with your current balance.
Please note that by accepting our Terms & Conditions you have agreed to supply all necessary information about your source of funds and any other activity regarding money movement on your account. Learn more from our blog here.
How to verify your Source of income in the Revolut app?
Go to the ‘Account’ section of our app, tap 'Verify your source of funds' or click into the text message you received in your mobile.
Follow these steps:
- By clicking into the Banner “Verify your source of funds” you will see the following message - “VERIFY INCOME” - Here you will need to select what is the source of your income (Eg. salary/rent etc) - Don’t worry if you have more than one source - you will be able to add once you finish the first one.
- After choosing your “source of income”, you will need to add the frequency you receive this income (Eg. monthly, daily, annually, etc.).
- Following the frequency, please add the amount you receive accordingly with the frequency you have chosen.
- Finally, you can add the documents that show your source of income, for that, please ready carefully the description so you can upload the correct documents. You will need to click in + and choose between photo or document - after uploading - click “Confirm” and follow the instructions from the page.
- If you have another source of income - choose to add “another source of income”, otherwise just click “That’s all”.