Downgrading my plan
In order to check the start date of your subscription and downgrade, please go to the ‘Profile’ section of the app and tap 'Pricing plan'. Conditions of downgrading your plan will differ depending on when you'd like to downgrade.
Note: we have a cooling off period of 14 days. If you downgrade your plan after that timeframe, a break fee applies.
Can I downgrade my subscription within 14 days of upgrading?
- If you haven’t used any of the Plus, Premium or Metal services provided (as listed here), your account will be downgraded for free
- If you've used any service exclusive to these plans, we will issue you a partial refund based on your usage of these services
- If you ordered a physical Revolut card and downgrade your Plus, Premium or Metal membership, a card fee of €10 on Revolut Plus and Revolut Premium or €40 on Revolut Metal plus Express delivery fee of £19.99(Express delivery fee price is provided in GBP, the equivalent in local currency will be visible while downgrading) will be deducted from your Revolut account, to cover the costs we have incurred producing and sending your card
Can I downgrade my plan after the 14-day period?
- If you're on the annual plan, we will cancel your automatic renewal for another year provided that you downgrade it at least one month prior to the end of your 12-month contract. You'll be able to use your plan until the end of your one year subscription period
- If you're on the monthly plan, you have the option for early termination any time within the first 10 months for a break fee of €6 on Revolut Plus, €16 on Revolut Premium or €28 on Revolut Metal. If you cancel in month 11, your subscription will not be auto-renewed for the next year
If you're on the monthly plan, when you downgrade the plan and an early termination fee is charged, your account remains on the Plus, Premium or Metal plan until the end of the rolling month.
For example, you upgraded to Premium on the 25th of November and downgraded the plan on the 12th of March. The plan termination fee is charged on the day you downgraded (the 12th), but your account remains on the Premium plan until the 25th of March.
If you are reading this article from your Revolut app, you can tap on 'Report issue' below, to start a chat with our support team to help.