What is the Promotion about?
As a courtesy of Visa, Revolut allows one lucky customer (who meets our eligibility requirements) and their plus one to attend the FIFA World Cup 2022™ in Qatar to watch two football matches, on November 24th and 25th 2022 and receive 5* accommodation for 3 nights. We call this the FIFA World Cup 2022™ Paid Plans Promotion (the “Promotion”). These terms and conditions (the “Promotion Terms”) govern the entire Promotion.
Who is eligible for the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- have an active Personal account with either a Revolut Ltd, Revolut Bank UAB or its branch in France and be on one of Revolut’s paid plans;
- live in England, Scotland or Wales if you are a Revolut Ltd customer or in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Slovakia or Spain if you are a customer Revolut Bank UAB or its branch in France (this means the address registered on your Revolut account must be in one of these markets); and
- have personally received an email or push notification or a message in your inbox regarding the Promotion or you have seen an in-app invitation from Revolut to participate in the Promotion.
To have an “active account” you must have a positive account balance, have completed our signup process, passed our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks, and your account must not be suspended, closed or restricted in any way.
The Promotion will run from 00.00 UTC on 7 October 2022 to 11:59 UTC on 14 October 2022. We call this the “Promotion Period”.
Revolut customers with either a Plus, Premium or Metal subscription of a participating Revolut entity in a participating country are eligible for the Promotion.
How do I participate in this Promotion?
To take part in the Promotion, you must complete each of the steps below:
- Be a Revolut Ltd customer based in England, Scotland or Wales, or be a Revolut Bank UAB customer based in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Slovakia or Spain.
- Either receive marketing directly from Revolut about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in the Revolut app to benefit from the Promotion (you will only receive a message in your inbox/an email/push notification Revolut if you have already provided your personal data to us and are happy for Revolut to send marketing to you).
- Make three (3) successful physical or virtual transactions of at least £20 (or the equivalent in your currency) before the end of the Promotion Period using your Revolut Visa card. Your transactions must be genuine purchases (for example, card transactions to payment service providers and money transfers are not valid). Don’t worry - you don’t need a physical Visa card to make payments: you can easily generate a Visa virtual card in the app and use it for this purpose.
You must complete all of the steps above during the Promotion Period.
What’s the Promotion prize?
One eligible Revolut customer and their plus one will receive:
- A Hospitality Package from Visa which includes tickets for two FIFA World Cup 2022™ matches (Portugal vs Ghana and USA vs England). More details on what’s included in your Hospitality Package can be found below; and
- Return flights from your home address (this should be the address registered to your Revolut account) to Qatar.
Thanks to Visa, if you win, the following items will be paid and covered as part of your Hospitality Package for you and your plus one:
- Accommodation in Qatar at a 5* hotel of our choice for three nights which includes complimentary breakfast;
- Travel arrangements from the Doha airport in Qatar where your plane arrives into to your accommodation while you are in Qatar and the return journey;
- Travel arrangements from your accommodation while you are in Qatar to the event venue and any return journey;
- Your tickets for the two FIFA World Cup 2022™ matches with Pre-Match Hospitality (Portugal vs Ghana and USA vs England)
- Visa prepaid card(s), pre-loaded with a maximum total value of $300 USD that you and your plus one can use;
- $400 USD worth of Visa and FIFA World Cup 2022™ branded merchandise for you and your plus one as a courtesy of Visa;
- Access to Visa Everywhere Lounge and Visa Concierge which will be located at the hotel;
- Access to Visa’s Event, Medical and Security support staff for the duration of your stay in Qatar.
This Promotion will only cover the costs of the above items. You and your plus one will be responsible for paying for any additional costs that arise as a result of your return journey to Qatar for the event. You will also be responsible for your return journey from the nearest airport to your home address. Your tickets for the two FIFA World Cup 2022™ matches will include Pre-Match Hospitality including some food and drink before the event but unless we tell you otherwise, you will both be responsible for covering the cost of all your meals during your time in Qatar. Your Hospitality Package provides you with prepaid Visa card(s) which you can use to cover any personal food and drink expenses. The maximum value that these Visa cards will hold is $300 USD in total. Additionally, Visa’s Hospitality Package does not include any ancillary services you may wish to use during your stay at the hotel, for example, any use of the phone in your hotel room, mini-bar, laundry services or spa etc. Neither Revolut nor Visa are responsible for checking and/or applying for tourist visa on your and/or your plus one’s behalf and are not responsible for any applicable taxes that may arise.
At the end of the Promotion Period, Revolut will select one winner from the pool of eligible candidates that have successfully completed all three transactions, and Revolut will get in touch with the person via a push notification and email.
If you have completed the steps under “How do I participate in this Promotion?”, you will be counted in the prize draw once for your entry. Your entry will only be counted in the prize draw once. The decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion, including the selection of the winner and their plus one, are final and binding.
If you are the winner and you meet the eligibility requirements, we will reach out to you via a push notification and email. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, we will be unable to award you with the prize and we will reach out to the customer who has been randomly selected as the second winner of this Promotion.
If you are successful and win, we will need some details from you and your plus one. We are going to share these with Visa in order to organise your travel to and from Qatar, your accommodation while you are in Qatar including your Hospitality Package offered by Visa and your tickets for the FIFA World Cup 2022™ football matches. We may also require you to comply with COVID-19 requirements. These details will include your names, address, date of birth, and passport numbers and any other information needed to plan your experience such as dietary requirements. We will provide you with a 24-hour window from the time we initially reach out to you to confirm your and your plus one’s details and availability. If you do not respond within the 24-hour window, we will proceed with selecting another customer as the winner.
The winner will be chosen and announced within a maximum of 15 days after the end of the Promotional Period. If we confirm you are the winner but your Revolut account is closed before the prize is awarded and paid for, you will forfeit your prize.
How will you process my data?
If you choose to participate in this Promotion by completing the steps under the “How do I participate in this Promotion?” section of these Promotion Terms, we’ll include you in a pool of entrants. If you are the winner of this Promotion, you acknowledge that we will share your and your plus one's details with Visa and associated third parties such as the airline, the hotel and other travel providers to perform our obligations under these Promotion Terms. If you are the winner and you are a Revolut Ltd customer, we will also publish your last name and the region where you live to comply with our obligations under advertising laws, unless you tell us in advance that you do not agree to this.
Please see our Private Notice for more details as to how we handle your data.
What other legal information should I know?
In addition, the following terms and conditions apply to the Promotion:
- By entering the Promotion you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Promotion Terms which are agreed between you and the Revolut company with which you signed up for your Revolut account. This will be Revolut Ltd if you are based in England, Scotland or Wales, or Revolut Bank UAB if you are based in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Slovakia or Spain.
- The Promotion is open to Revolut Retail customers who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. The winner will be able to invite a plus one who must also be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. We can cancel the Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms, at any time without notice. Visa is not responsible for the administration of this Promotion.
- Any entries into the Promotion made outside of the Promotion Period (specified earlier in these Promotion Terms) will not be accepted.
- The prize is not negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event that you win, you and your plus one will not be in a position to re-sell (or seek to re-sell or transfer) your prize to anyone else or for any market value.
- In the event of the prize being unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute it for one of equal or greater value. Any substitution will be within our discretion and we will ensure that we notify you within a reasonable timeframe. If you are the winner and you do not accept the substitution you will lose your right to the prize and we will award the prize to the second winner.
- We agree to award the prize in line with these Promotion Terms. You agree to accept the prize as that is awarded to you and in line with these Promotion Terms.
- We have set a Promotion Period in these Promotion Terms. However, we can extend this period, or close it early, at any time without notice.
- The official version of these Promotion Terms is the English version. We may provide translations as a courtesy, but the English language version shall prevail and be used in any dispute or proceedings.
- You need to complete all three transactions with a minimum value of £20 (or currency equivalent) during the Promotion Period in order to be able to participate in this Promotion.
- This Promotion is not available to customers who are using Revolut’s Standard plan.
- If you are a customer of Revolut Ltd, the Promotion is governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute relating to it. If you are a customer of Revolut Bank UAB, the Promotion is governed by Lithuanian law and the courts of Lithuania have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute relating to it.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this giveaway (for example, attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives and family members of such individuals (or people living in the same household whether related or not) of Revolut, or their corporate partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Revolut accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of the use of the Hospitality Package and Pre-Match Hospitality offered by Visa (which includes but is not limited to the airplane tickets and the FIFA World Cup 2022™ tickets) by the winner and their plus one. Visa will not be liable for any postponement, cancellation or material change of the Promotion.