Revolut <18 Referrals Promotion
What is the Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut <18 Referrals Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering certain Revolut <18 teenage users the opportunity to refer other teenage users to Revolut <18 and for both to receive a cash reward (the “Reward”). Age restrictions apply, please see ”Who is eligible for the Promotion?”.
The Promotion will run in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and in the United Kingdom (“UK”) (the “Eligible Markets”). Please read these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully including the eligibility criteria set out below.
When we say “you” or “your” in these Terms, we mean the parent or guardian of the Referrer who wishes to refer a friend as part of the Promotion. When we say “Referrer”, we mean the existing Revolut <18 user who is able to refer a friend to become a Revolut <18 user. When we say “Referee”, we mean the person the Referrer invites.
The Promotion Period and key timelines:
- The Promotion will run for as long as it is available to you in the Revolut <18 app (the “Promotion Period”).
- Both the Referrer and the Referee (as well as the parent/guardian of both the Referrer and the Referee) must meet the relevant requirements that apply to them (set out in these Terms) during the Promotion Period so the Referrer and Referee can each receive a Reward.
- The Referee has 60 days from when they input the referral code to complete the required steps included in these Terms (the “Expiration Date”).
- If we offer a higher Reward amount (“Higher Reward”) as part of this Promotion (see “What is the Reward?”), the Referrer and Referee will need to complete the required steps set out in these Terms by the earlier of 1) the specific date for earning the higher Reward (the “Higher Reward Cut-off”) and 2) the Expiration Date, to earn the higher Reward otherwise they will be awarded a standard Reward amount if the required steps are completed by 2) but not by 1).
These Terms set out the rules that apply to the Promotion and you must comply with these Terms, as well as the terms that apply to your Personal account and the Revolut <18 account at all times when participating in the Promotion.
What is the Reward?
The Reward that the Referrer and the Referee may receive, if they are eligible, depends on the base currency of their parent or guardian’s Revolut Personal account, as set out below. This means if a Referrer is entitled to a Reward and their parent or guardian’s Personal account is denominated in GBP but the Referee’s parent or guardian’s Personal account is denominated in another currency, the Referrer’s Reward will be in GBP but the Referee’s Reward will be in that other currency.
Please see below for the Reward amount in different currencies.
Sometimes we might offer you a Higher Reward. If this applies, we will show you the amount and the Higher Reward Cut-off in the Revolut <18 app.
Any time we run this Promotion and we offer a Higher Reward, it can only be claimed before the Higher Reward Cut-Off. This means that both the Referrer and Referee’s ability to receive their respective Rewards is dependent on the following:
- If the parent/guardian of the Referee approves the Revolut <18 account and orders a physical Revolut <18 card before the Higher Reward Cut-Off and before the Expiration Date, both the Referee and the Referrer will be able to receive the Higher Reward;
- If the parent/guardian of the Referee approves the Revolut <18 account and orders a physical Revolut <18 card after the Higher Reward Cut-Off but before the Expiration Date, both the Referee and the Referrer will be able to receive the Reward shown in the above table (they will not receive the Higher Reward);
- If the parent/guardian of the Referee approves the Revolut <18 account and orders a physical Revolut <18 card after the Expiration Date, neither the Referee, nor the Referrer will be able to receive any Reward.
We refer to the above as the “Reward Eligibility Timelines”. The Reward will be credited to the Referrer and the Referee’s Revolut <18 accounts within 5 business days after the Referee’s physical Revolut <18 card is ordered.
Who is eligible for the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion both the Referrer and the Referee must be at least the minimum age required for their market:
- For residents of Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Norway, Sweden, and the United Kingdom, the minimum age is 13 years.
- For residents of Austria, Bulgaria, Lithuania and Spain, the minimum age is 14 years.
- For residents of the Czech Republic, France, Greece and Slovenia, the minimum age is 15 years.
- For residents of Germany, Hungary, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland and Romania, the minimum age is 16 years.
The below conditions must also be met:
- The Referrer and the Referee (and their respective parent or guardian) must be resident in an Eligible Market but the Referrer (and their parent/guardian) and the Referee (and their parent/guardian) do not have to be resident in the same Eligible Market.
- The Referrer must receive an invitation to the Promotion directly from us through an in-app tile on their Revolut <18 app. The Referrer may visit the Revolut <18 app to check if they are eligible - if the in-app tile relating to the Promotion is not available to the Referrer, then the Referrer is not eligible.
- The Referee must be eligible to use Revolut <18 and be a new Revolut <18 user. If the Referee is currently a Revolut <18 user or has used a Revolut <18 account or started the sign-up process in the past, and with any Revolut group company that offers Revolut <18 accounts, the Referee is not a new user and so is not eligible.
You may at any time switch off your Revolut <18 user’s (or the Referrer’s) ability to refer other teenage users to Revolut <18. You can do this by going to Settings within your Revolut <18 user’s account page of the Revolut app and switching off the toggle marked “Referrals”.
How does the Referrer earn the Reward?
For both the Referrer and the Referee to receive the Reward, the Referrer must meet the eligibility requirements set out in the “Who is eligible for the Promotion?” section of these Terms as well as the steps required of them in this section and the section below.
The Referrer must be able to see the Promotion in-app tile invite in their Revolut <18 app.
- Step one: The Referrer will need to tap on the “Invite friends” button in the in-app tile to invite a friend (the Referee) to sign up to Revolut <18 using their referral code.
- Once the Referrer taps on the “Invite friends” button in the in-app tile on their Revolut <18 app, a draft message containing the Referrer’s unique referral code will appear. The Referrer can customise the message and send it to the Referee.
- The Referee must initiate the sign up to Revolut <18 through the Revolut <18 app and enter the unique referral code.
- The Referee will then be asked to invite their parent/guardian to activate and approve the Revolut <18 account, which the Referee has requested to sign-up to within the Revolut <18 app. If the Referee’s parent/guardian does not have a Revolut Personal account, the Referee’s parent/guardian will need to open a Revolut Personal account and be successfully onboarded first before they can approve the Referee’s request to open a Revolut <18 account.
- As part of this Promotion, the Referee’s parent/guardian will also need to order a physical Revolut <18 card before the Expiration Date.
The above steps must be completed in line with the Reward Eligibility Timelines set out in the “What is the Reward?” section of these Terms.
We may run this Promotion more than once in a calendar year but no matter how many times we run this Promotion, the maximum number of people that the Referrer can refer per calendar year is ten. If the Referrer refers more than ten people in a calendar year, the Referrer and Referee will not be entitled to more than ten Rewards (or Higher Rewards, if applicable) each.
There is also a cap on how much money a Referrer can earn per calendar year in relation to this Promotion. The maximum amount that a Referrer can earn per calendar year through this Promotion is 20 times the amount shown in the table in the “What is the Reward?” section. For example:
- a customer in the UK can earn a maximum of £100 (£5 x 20) per calendar year
- a customer in Ireland (or a customer based in another eurozone country eligible for this Promotion) can earn a maximum of €100 (€5 x 20) per year.
Please note that these limits are cumulative. This means that if the maximum amount as defined above is reached, the Referrer will not be eligible to earn Rewards in relation to any further Referees.
How does the Referee earn the Reward?
For both the Referrer and the Referee to receive the Reward, the Referee must meet the eligibility requirements set out in the “Who is eligible for the Promotion?” section of these Terms as well as the steps required of them in this section and the above section.
- When the Referee receives their invite from the Referrer to sign up to Revolut <18, the Referee will first need to download the Revolut <18 app from the app store.
- Once the Referee downloads and opens the Revolut <18 app, the Referee will be directed to the sign-up flow for a Revolut <18 account. The Referee will need to provide some basic identifying information, enter the unique referral code received from the Referrer and they will then be shown a screen asking the Referee to invite the Referee’s parent/guardian to activate and approve the Revolut <18 account for the Referee.
- If the Referee’s parent/guardian does not have a Revolut Personal account, the Referee’s parent/guardian will need to open a Revolut Personal account and be successfully onboarded first before they can approve the Referee’s request to open a Revolut <18 account.
- As part of this Promotion, the Referee’s parent/guardian will also need to navigate to the <18 section of the Revolut app and order a Revolut <18 physical card for the Referee before the Expiration Date.
The above steps must be completed in line with the Reward Eligibility Timelines set out in the “What is the Reward?” section of these Terms.
What other legal information should I know?
- We may change, suspend or end this Promotion at any time, if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact support if you believe you qualify for a Reward in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- If we need to change, suspend or end the Promotion before the Promotion Period ends, we’ll give you notice through the Revolut app and/or email. Any cancellation or changes to the Terms do not affect your rights if you have already participated in the Promotion.
- We reserve the right to reverse the Reward if the Reward was earned fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to get the Reward, or if we become aware that you did not comply with these Terms. We will consider the reversal of any Reward to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
- If we believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances. For example, it would be a material abuse of this Promotion to orchestrate a campaign to profiteer from this Promotion in a way that does not result in genuine and unique new sign-ups to Revolut, and we may close your Personal account and reverse any Rewards including Higher Rewards if you do this.
- The Referrer and Referee will not be eligible for the Reward if any of the below occurs between the time of qualifying for the Reward and receiving the Reward or before we were due to pay the Reward: (i) if the Referrer or Referee’s parent/guardian reverses any of the required steps after taking them; (ii) if the Referrer or Referree’s parent/guardian closes his or her Revolut Personal account or the Revolut <18 sub-account; or (iii) if we suspend or restrict either or both of the Referrer or Referee’s parent or guardian’s Personal account.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of the Reward as part of this Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- These Terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy translation only. This means you cannot derive any rights from any translated version and only the English version can be used in legal proceedings. If, however, by law the local language must be used, the local language version of these terms will be binding.
- Revolut may need to handle or use personal data to perform its obligations in connection with these Terms. Please see our Revolut <18 Privacy Notice for more information about how we handle your data.
- This Promotion is organised and offered to you by the Revolut group entities that provide you with your Revolut Personal account. If you have a complaint about this Promotion, you can raise it directly with them through the Revolut app. Please see below for the registered addresses of each Revolut group entity and the relevant laws and courts that have jurisdiction to determine any dispute you may have in relation to this Promotion. You can rely on the mandatory consumer protection laws of the country where you live.
Revolut group entity/branch
The law that applies to these Promotion Terms
Which courts have jurisdiction
7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD
The courts of England and Wales
Revolut Bank UAB
Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, the Republic of Lithuania
The courts of Lithuania or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside.
Revolut Bank UAB acting in Ireland via its branch in Ireland
2 Dublin Landings, North Dock, Dublin 1, Ireland
The competent courts of Ireland
Revolut Bank UAB acting via its branch in France
10 avenue Kléber, 75116 Paris, France (SIREN 894 031 244)
If you are unhappy with how we have dealt with your complaint, you can refer it free of charge to the Médiateur de l’Association française des Sociétés Financières (ASF) and any dispute can be referred to the competent court in France
Revolut Bank UAB, Sucursal en España
With tax ID W0250845E, duly registered with the Commercial Registry in Madrid under Volum 44863, Sheet 1, Section 8, Page M-789831 and with the Bank of Spain under number 1583. Its address is at Príncipe de Vergara 132, 4th floor, 28002, Madrid (Spain).
The competent court in Spain
Revolut Bank UAB acting via its branch in the Netherlands
Barbara Strozzilaan 201, 1083HN Amsterdam, the Netherlands
The competent court of the Netherlands.