What is a fractional share?
A fractional share is just that: a fraction of a whole share. Companies issue whole units of stocks, called shares, which are then traded on the public market for investors to buy. If you buy a fractional share that means you’re buying a little piece of a company’s stock – a fraction of it.
Yes, you can buy and sell fractional shares on the Revolut app – everyone should have access to investing!
Whereas a single share in a company might cost $1,000, fractional shares mean you can still invest in a company with $10 or $100.
You'll need to invest at least US$1.00. The minimum amount of shares you can buy is 0.00000001.
Please remember that when investing, your capital is at risk.
Please note that at the moment, you cannot submit fractional shares for Limit orders.
For more information on fractional shares, you can check out our explainer blog post here.
Introduction to stock trading
- What is a stock?
- Where do stocks come from?
- What is stock ownership?
- Why do people buy stocks?
- How could you lose money from buying stocks?
- What are stock markets?
- What is a stock broker?
- What is a stock price?
- What is a bid-offer spread?
- What are stock charts?
- What is commission?
- What are bullish vs bearish markets?
- What is technical analysis?
- What is fundamental analysis?
- What are analyst recommendations?
- What are stock financials?
- What is EPS (earnings per share)?
- What is a P/E ratio (Price-to-Earnings)?
- What is a P/CF ratio (Price-to-Cashflow)?
- What is ROE (Return on Equity)?
- What is Market Sentiment?
- What are Market Sentiment Indicators?
- What is the VIX?
- How does News and Social Media impact stocks?