Are there limits on how often I can trade?
You can trade as often as you like subject to certain restrictions around day trading—these restrictions are known as Pattern Day Trader rules. Day trading refers to buying and selling the same stock on the same day. (Just buying, without selling later that same day, would not be considered a day trade.) You engage in Pattern Day Trading if you make more than three day trades over a period of five business days. When trading in the Revolut app, you can see how many day trades you can still make without breaching the Pattern Day Trading rules.
When you open a trading account with Revolut, you agree that you will not engage in Pattern Day Trading. Further details are included in Limited Purpose Margin Account Agreement you agreed to when onboarding with Revolut Trading.
Introduction to stock trading
- What is a stock?
- Where do stocks come from?
- What is stock ownership?
- Why do people buy stocks?
- How could you lose money from buying stocks?
- What are stock markets?
- What is a stock broker?
- What is a stock price?
- What is a bid-offer spread?
- What are stock charts?
- What is commission?
- What are bullish vs bearish markets?
- What is technical analysis?
- What is fundamental analysis?
- What are analyst recommendations?
- What are stock financials?
- What is EPS (earnings per share)?
- What is a P/E ratio (Price-to-Earnings)?
- What is a P/CF ratio (Price-to-Cashflow)?
- What is ROE (Return on Equity)?
- What is Market Sentiment?
- What are Market Sentiment Indicators?
- What is the VIX?
- How does News and Social Media impact stocks?