How do I close my trading account?
You can close your trading account by opening the Revolut app and going to the Stocks section.
Click on the ellipsis (three dots: ...) on the right side of the screen then select 'Close trading account'. Then agree to the Trading Account Closure terms displayed on the screen. By doing so, you consent to the closure of your Trading account (and sale of shares if you have any) with Revolut.
You can choose to close your positions yourself before initiating the account closure process. Otherwise, Revolut will sell your assets on your behalf.
The account is closed in 4 steps:
Step 1: After you send us a request to close your account, your assets will be sold. After the sale of the shares, a 2-day settlement process follows.
Step 2: As soon as the funds are settled, they will be transferred to your Revolut USD e-Money account.
Step 3: Remaining balance from your investing account will be transferred to your Revolut USD e-Money account. Please visit the Accounts page on your app and select USD to check your balance
Step 4: Once your Trading account is at $0, it will be closed.
Introduction to stock trading
- What is a stock?
- Where do stocks come from?
- What is stock ownership?
- Why do people buy stocks?
- How could you lose money from buying stocks?
- What are stock markets?
- What is a stock broker?
- What is a stock price?
- What is a bid-offer spread?
- What are stock charts?
- What is commission?
- What are bullish vs bearish markets?
- What is technical analysis?
- What is fundamental analysis?
- What are analyst recommendations?
- What are stock financials?
- What is EPS (earnings per share)?
- What is a P/E ratio (Price-to-Earnings)?
- What is a P/CF ratio (Price-to-Cashflow)?
- What is ROE (Return on Equity)?
- What is Market Sentiment?
- What are Market Sentiment Indicators?
- What is the VIX?
- How does News and Social Media impact stocks?