Why does Revolut need my National Identifier?
As a UK regulated entity, we are obliged to comply with all relevant regulatory reporting relating to the trading of listed securities. Each user who places a trade with a financial institution such as Revolut Trading must provide their identifier for reporting purposes. The identifier required is based on the country of your Nationality (which may not be the same as the country you currently reside in).
What National Identifier do I need to provide?
The National ID that you need to provide corresponds to your Nationality. Where several forms of National ID are possible, they are assigned a priority ranking. You should always aim to provide the highest priority National ID possible. The full list of applicable National IDs based on each country can be found below:
Austria (AT): No national ID is required
Belgium (BE): Belgian National Number (Numéro de registre national – Rijksregisternummer)
Bulgaria (BG): Bulgarian Personal Number
Croatia (HR): Personal Identification Number (OIB – Osobni identifikacijski broj)
Cyprus (CY): National Passport Number
Czech Republic (CZ): National identification number (Rodné číslo)
Denmark (DK): Personal identity code 10 digits alphanumeric: DDMMYYXXXX
Estonia (EE): Estonian Personal Identification Code (Isikukood)
Finland (FI): Personal identity code
France (FR): No national ID required
Germany (DE): No national ID is required
Greece (GR): 10 DSS digit investor share code. If you do not possess a DSS code, please Skip & regulation allows Revolut to provide a unique identifier on your behalf.
Hungary (HU): No national ID required
Iceland (IS): Personal Identification Code
Ireland (IE): No national ID required
Italy (IT): Fiscal code (Codice fiscale)
Latvia (LV): Personal code (Personas kods)
Liechtenstein (LI): National Passport Number. If you do not have a National Passport Number use the following: National Identity Card Number
Lithuania (LT): Personal Code (Asmens kodas)
Luxembourg (LU): No national ID required
Malta (MT): National Identification Number
Netherlands (NL): National Passport Number. If you do not have a National Passport Number use the following: National identity card number
Norway (NO): 11 digit personal ID (Foedselsnummer)
Poland (PL): National Identification Number (PESEL)
Portugal (PT): Tax number (Número de Identificação Fiscal)
Romania (RO): National Identification Number (Cod Numeric Personal)
Slovakia (SK): Personal number (Rodné číslo)
Slovenia (SI): Personal Identification Number (EMŠO: Enotna Matična Številka Občana)
Spain (ES): Tax identification number (Código de identificación fiscal)
Sweden (SE): Personal identity number
United Kingdom (GB): UK National Insurance number
All other countries: National Passport Number
What National ID should I provide as a national of multiple countries?
The regulation defines which country’s National ID takes priority, and the following logic applies;
- As a person who has multiple EEA nationalities, you must provide the National ID of the country which comes first alphabetically (according to the countries two-letter code).
- As a person who has an EEA nationality, as well as a non-EEA nationality, you must provide the National ID of the EEA country.
- As a person who has multiple non-EEA nationalities, you must provide the National ID of the first country in the list when sorted alphabetically (according to the countries two-letter code).
We will use the nationalities that you declared during Revolut Trading onboarding to determine which National ID you should provide. If you believe that we are requesting the incorrect National ID, or your Nationalities have changed, contact us via customer support and our agents will be able to assist you.
How do I provide this information?
1. Update your app to the latest version
2. Head to the ‘Stocks’ screen on your app
3. Follow the instructions within the banner notification to submit your information
If you don’t see a banner notification in the app, then we don’t need you to provide any additional information at this time.
What if I do not provide the National Identifier?
If you do not provide this information by the time set on the email we have sent you, your account will be restricted. This will involve your account being placed into “Sell Only” mode and you will not be able to open or increase positions. To remove the restriction, you will need to provide the information.
What if I don’t have the National Identifier you are requesting?
Please contact us via in-app chat and our agents will be able to assist you.
Introduction to stock trading
- What is a stock?
- Where do stocks come from?
- What is stock ownership?
- Why do people buy stocks?
- How could you lose money from buying stocks?
- What are stock markets?
- What is a stock broker?
- What is a stock price?
- What is a bid-offer spread?
- What are stock charts?
- What is commission?
- What are bullish vs bearish markets?
- What is technical analysis?
- What is fundamental analysis?
- What are analyst recommendations?
- What are stock financials?
- What is EPS (earnings per share)?
- What is a P/E ratio (Price-to-Earnings)?
- What is a P/CF ratio (Price-to-Cashflow)?
- What is ROE (Return on Equity)?
- What is Market Sentiment?
- What are Market Sentiment Indicators?
- What is the VIX?
- How does News and Social Media impact stocks?