Managing Analytics categories
Every transaction on your Revolut app is generally assigned to a category.
All your spending is filtered by categories you spend in, merchants you spend with and countries you spend in.
To change your transaction's category:
- Tap on the transaction you'd like to edit.
- Scroll below to the 'Category' section and click the current category.
- Select a new category or create a custom one by tapping (+) in the top right corner.
- Choose if you wish to transfer similar transactions to this new category.
In addition, you can assign a transaction to a specific category by following these steps:
1. Navigate to the Analytics section by clicking on the top right graph icon on your 'Home Accounts' page.
2. Scroll down to the spending breakdown and click on 'See all' if the desired category is not shown as one of the top 3.
3. Click on the category you wish or create a custom category by clicking on the '+ Add category' button on the bottom part of the list.
4. Click on 'Add transaction' and select the transaction you want to change the category for.
5. Click on 'Add only this transaction' or 'Add all from this merchant' in case you want to change the category for all transactions from that merchant
Custom categories can be edited and deleted as you wish. However, the default basic categories that you have from the beginning can’t be edited or deleted.
Budgeting and Analytics
- How can I control my spending with the budgeting feature?
- How can I create a budget?
- How can I edit a budget?
- How can I delete a budget?
- What is ‘Safe to Spend’ on my budget?
- How does the budgeting feature work?
- How does the Analytics feature work?
- How does the Analytics graph work?
- Setting your analytics cycle
- How can I see a spending breakdown by category?
- Managing Analytics categories
- What is Net worth in Analytics?