- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account or card
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
Why has my transfer to a bank account or card failed?
There could be a number of reasons for this, but some of the most common include:
- Exceeding transfer limits
The current limits for GBP payments are 50 payments and £500,000 per 24 hours, 200 payments and £1,000,000 per week.
The current limits for cross-border payments are set by our payment partners and vary over time. If a certain transfer is above the limit, you’ll see a message in the app to let you know.
- Incorrect recipient details
The beneficiary bank may have rejected the transfer if the recipient account details don’t match. Similarly to limits, if we receive additional information about the failure, you’ll see a relevant message in the app to let you know.
- Recipient account closed
The account you’re paying to may not be able to accept certain types of transfer (i.e SWIFT or SEPA) or may have been closed at the beneficiary bank end. To make sure this won’t happen, make sure that you keep your recipient account details up to date.
- Insufficient funds
This is especially common for standing orders (recurring transfer). If you don’t have enough funds to complete a transfer, we’ll send you a notification 24 hours before, so that you have enough time to add money to the account and the transfer can go through.
Revolut does not currently support transfers to or from Russia and Belarus.
Issues with transfers
- My beneficiary has not received my bank or card transfer
- I want to cancel my transfer to a bank account
- Why is my beneficiary not allowed?
- Why has my transfer to a bank account or card failed?
- Why has my transfer to a bank account or card been declined?
- Why is my transfer to a bank account or card still pending?
- Why was my return payment for a bank transfer less than the original amount sent?
- How do I download my transfer confirmation?
- Does Revolut charge for sending transfers to a bank account?
- Can intermediary banks charge for sending transfers to a bank account?
- Will I be charged for transferring money to card?
- I want to cancel my transfer to a card