How does Revolut decide whether to offer me credit?
The decision is made on the basis of an overall evaluation of your credit history, financial capacity and income stability.
Every applicant should meet the following key criteria:
- income should be sustainable, and either represented in SODRA or justified by other acceptable documents such as bank statement or income return. For more detailed information please refer to What proof of income is required FAQ;
- a minimum of four (4) months of uninterrupted income history, for some income types longer income history requirement may apply. For more detailed information please refer to What is the minimum duration of activity that I need to apply for a loan FAQ;
- a minimum of 400 EUR in monthly income after tax;
- your (and your family’s) monthly expenses for covering existing financial obligations may not exceed 40% of your monthly income after tax;
- an acceptable credit history.
With bank transfer
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Guide to EUR bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to GBP bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to USD bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Which local account details are available for me?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the bank transfer reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- My top-up failed, but the refund didn’t arrive to sender's account
- I received my deposit in a different currency. What can I do?