Revolut x Sweatcoin Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Sweatcoin Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering customers and potential customers of Sweatcoin in Japan the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- Three (3) months free Revolut Premium subscription plan (the "Revolut Free Trial");
- Six (6) months of the Sweatcoin Premium subscription plan for free for iOS users (the “Sweatcoin iOS Subscription Offer”) or three (3) months of the Sweatcoin Premium subscription plan for free for Android users (the “Sweatcoin Android Subscription Offer”) (the Sweatcoin iOS Subscription Offer and Sweatcoin Android Subscription Offer are also called in these Promotion Terms the “Sweatcoin Subscription Offer”). The Sweatcoin Subscription Offer will not be available to you if you already have an active Sweatcoin Premium account.
In order to receive the Sweatcoin Subscription Offer and the Revolut Free Trial, you must sign up to Revolut through a unique link from Sweatcoin between 14 December 2022 09:00 JST and 14 July 2023 09:00 JST (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
If you already have a Sweatcoin Premium account or Revolut Personal account you won’t be eligible for this Promotion. To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Live at a residential address in Japan; and
- Either receive marketing directly from Sweatcoin about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in Sweatcoin’s app and/or on Sweatcoin’s website and/or on their social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (the “Sweatcoin Promotion Marketing”).
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link in the Sweatcoin Promotion Marketing - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks;
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC with a registered address in Japan with no restrictions on your account, and it must be your first time holding a Personal account with Revolut); and
- Make at least three card payments using a Revolut card. The card payment must be a genuine purchase (for example, card transactions to payment service providers and money transfers are not valid). Don’t worry - you don’t need a physical card to make a payment: you can easily generate a virtual Revolut card in the app and use it for this purpose. It doesn’t matter whether your first Revolut card payment is with Sweatcoin or another merchant, as long as you make your first card payment transaction by the end of the Promotion Period.
You must complete the above steps before the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Revolut Free Trial and the Sweatcoin Subscription Offer.
How do I start my Revolut Free Trial?
You can start your Revolut Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”. If you decide not to upgrade, you will remain on the Standard plan which does not have a subscription fee. You can close your Revolut account at any time (see the “How do I close my account?” section of the Personal Terms that apply to your account for more information). You will still have to pay any charges you’ve run up (for example, if you’ve asked for an extra Revolut Card).
If you’re interested in starting your Revolut Free Trial, you will need to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium subscription plan in the app within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened, even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to the Premium plan until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Revolut Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium plan (see the Premium & Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Revolut Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Revolut Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard in your Revolut app how long you’ll receive your selected Premium plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
You have the right to cancel your Premium subscription during the Revolut Free Trial (your “Cooling-off Period”). Note that the Cooling-off Period will last for the duration of the Revolut Free Trial.
If you order a card during your Revolut Free Trial period and then cancel your Premium plan before the end or at the end of your Revolut Free Trial period, you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. If you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your Premium subscription within your Cooling-off Period, you may also have to pay us back for the card delivery fees. This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
On the expiry of the Revolut Free Trial, you will remain on your Premium plan unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply. Our paid plans all have 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. We’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for your Premium plan.
You can also end your Premium subscription at any time after the Revolut Free Trial. However, you may have to pay fees if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Revolut Free Trial ends.
How do I start my Sweatcoin Subscription Offer?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”, you will be eligible for a Sweatcoin Subscription Offer.
Once you have completed these steps and the card payment has been completed, Revolut will send you a unique Sweatcoin code by email within 7 days. You will need to click “Claim offer” in the email and you will be redirected to https://www.Sweatcoin.com/wp/terms/ where your code will be automatically recognised. You'll either be instructed to create a new Sweatcoin account or you will be instructed to log in to your existing account. The Sweatcoin Subscription Offer will not be available to you if you already have an active Sweatcoin Premium account at the time of redeeming the unique Sweatcoin code received in the email from Revolut.
Once all steps are completed, your free Sweatcoin Premium subscription will be added to your account (the amount will depend on whether you are using an iOS or Android device - see the start of the Promotion Terms for more information). It doesn’t matter if you don’t start your Sweatcoin Subscription Offer until after the end of the Promotion Period - you’ll still be able to start your Sweatcoin Subscription Offer as long as you redeem the unique Sweatcoin code received in the email from Revolut within 60 days of receiving it.
On the expiry of your Sweatcoin Subscription Offer, your Sweatcoin Premium account will be closed. If you wish to continue using your Sweatcoin Premium account, you will need to pay the relevant charges for the subscription to Sweatcoin in line with Sweatcoin’s terms and conditions. Revolut does not have any control over this part of the Promotion.
The applicable terms and conditions for the Sweatcoin account will apply to you during your Sweatcoin Subscription Offer and on the expiry of the Sweatcoin Subscription Offer. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your Sweatcoin account.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Technologies Japan, Ltd, a company whose registered address is at ARK Hills South Tower, 1-4-5 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan;
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis.
- We may cancel this Promotion or change these Promotion Terms at any time. If we change these Promotion Terms or cancel this Promotion, we will announce the change or cancellation in the same way we announced this Promotion. We will also publish the updated version of these Promotion Terms on our website. Any changes to the Promotions Terms do not affect your rights, if you have already participated in the Promotion.
- We agree to give you the Revolut Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Revolut Free Trial). After your Revolut Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay monthly or annually, and your Revolut Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Revolut Free Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- The applicable terms and conditions for the Sweatcoin account will apply to you during your Sweatcoin Subscription Offer and on the expiry of the Sweatcoin Subscription Offer. Please ensure you are aware of the terms and conditions and any charges that are applicable to your Sweatcoin account. Revolut will not be responsible for any issues, queries or claims that you may have in relation to your Sweatcoin account. You must contact Sweatcoin directly in relation to this.
- These terms are originally published in Japanese and this document is an English translation prepared as a courtesy and for reference purpose only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The Japanese language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The Japanese version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- To the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the Tokyo District Court.