How can we help?
Why was my account closed?
We may close or suspend your account immediately, and end your access to our website, in exceptional circumstances. Exceptional circumstances include the following:
- If we have good reason to suspect that you are behaving fraudulently,
- If you haven't given us (or someone acting on our behalf) the information we requested, or we have good reason to believe that information you have provided is incorrect or not true,
- If you've broken our terms and conditions in a serious or persistent way and you haven't put the matter right within a reasonable time frame,
- If we have good reason to believe that your use of the Revolut app is harmful to us or our software, systems or hardware,
- If we have good reason to believe that you continue to use your account could damage our reputation or goodwill,
- If we have asked you to repay money you owe us and you have not done so within a reasonable period,
- If you've been declared bankrupt - or
- If we have to do so under any law, regulation, court order or ombudsman’s instructions.
We may also decide to close or suspend your account for other reasons. We would contact you through the Revolut app at least two months before we do this.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with more specific information regarding closure of the account. These decisions are final and there are no additional measures you can take to prevent us from executing an account closure or suspension.
- What is My Number?
- Why do I need to provide MyNumber?
- Which My Number documents does Revolut accept?
- What is the difference between My Number Card and My Number Notification Card?
- How can I get a My Number document?
- I have questions about Individual Number. Who should I contact?
- What functions are unavailable without submitting My Number?
- Submitting My Number after passing identity verification.