How can we help?
Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
Spending in store or online is generally at no cost with Revolut. However, in order to cover our costs and build a sustainable business, we apply a fair usage limit for certain services.
For example, Standard customers can enjoy up to 750000 JPY of currency exchange transactions for free per billing month, but there will be a small 0.5% markup fee thereafter. We may also charge a separate markup fee for currency exchanges outside market hours (see our Fees page).
You can check your remaining allowance at any time in the 'Profile' section of the Revolut app.
Upgrade to Premium or Metal for unlimited foreign exchange allowance.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission