How can we help?
Payment declined by security system
We have an automated security system set in place to prevent fraudulent card transactions, which automatically declines the transaction and blocks the card at the same time.
There's nothing to be worried about though, your account's functionality isn't affected, only the card gets frozen so that you could additionally authorize the payment.
If you see that your payment was declined due to security reasons and the card is blocked, simply find this payment in your transactions list - you will see an option to confirm it there. If you press the button that you recognize the payment, your card will be unblocked automatically and our system shouldn't decline future transactions to this merchant.
However, if you select another option that you do not recognize this payment, your card will be terminated. All future payments to this merchant should be blocked as well.
If your card was cancelled by mistake, by either a misclick or you recognized the payment afterwards, please chat to us, so our agents can reactivate your card.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission