How can we help?
What recipient account details are required for transfers?
Revolut supports transfers to nearly 200 countries and territories in 31 currencies. When trying to send a bank payment, you’ll need to fill in the bank and account details.
The fields on the Account details screen will change depending on the country and the currency you select.
You’ll also need to fill in the code to identify the bank you’re sending the money to. You can always ask the beneficiary about the payment details if you’re not sure. You’ll be asked to use one of the following options:
- SWIFT/BIC: a code that has 8 or 11 characters. For example, REVOGB21 (SWIFT/BIC of Revolut).
- Sort Code: relevant for transfers to or within the UK in GBP. A sort code has six numbers, for example, 12-34-56.
- For transfers to most European countries in EUR, you don’t need bank details; the IBAN you provide is enough.
For some countries, the following details are needed to identify a bank:
- BSB Number: a code used for payments in Australia in AUD. It’s a six-digit number, for example, 123-456
- Institution Number (e.g 123) and Transit Number (e.g 12345): required for payments to or within Canada in CAD.
- Clearing Code: needed when sending a transfer to Hong Kong in HKD. It’ll be three digits long. For example, 123.
- IFSC (e.g ABCD1234567): the code used to identify banks in India.
- CLABE (e.g 123456789012345678): for payments to Mexico. It contains the account number too. You’ll also be prompted to enter RFC/CURP, which is the recipient’s individual tax number.
- ACH Routing Number: for US transfers. It’s nine digits long. For example, 123456789.
Once you’ve filled in the bank details, you’ll need to fill in some info for the recipient. Most frequently, it’ll be one of the following:
- IBAN: this looks different depending on the country it’s from (reach out to the beneficiary if you’re not sure).
- Account Number.
Once you’ve filled out all these details and submitted your transfer, it’s good to go. Remember, if you’re unsure about any of the details you’re using, check with the beneficiary before sending a transfer.
- I did not receive a tracking number for my delivery
- Why is my card not posted yet?
- Where can I get my card delivered to?
- My physical card is not working
- My disposable virtual card is not working
- My contactless card payment is not working
- I have exceeded all my PIN attempts!
- What to do if my card was lost or stolen?
- My card has been compromised
- My card has been swallowed by an ATM
- My Revolut card is due to expire – what should I do?
- I've found my 'lost' card – how can I re-link it?
- I would like a refund for my card