How can we help?
Why was I charged a fee for my transfer?
Revolut does not charge any fees on your international transfers to non-Revolut recipients.
However, other fees may apply. For cross-border transfers, when your money is in transit, intermediary banks are used to complete the transaction. In return for this service, they might collect a fee know as an Intermediary Bank Fee. Revolut does not have visibility or authority over these fees. Typically intermediary bank fees are in the range US$ 15-30 or its equivalent in other currencies, but they can vary significantly. As a rule of thumb, transfers that are at higher than average risk of being charged are transfers to smaller banks, banks geographically far away from your location or in currencies that are less commonly used. In turn, transfers at low-risk of being charged are transfers e.g. to big banks, close geographically. Please note that intermediary bank fees may be applied even in the event of an unsuccessful transfer.
Issues with transfers
- My beneficiary has not received the money I sent
- I want to cancel a transfer
- How do I recall a transfer?
- Why is my beneficiary not allowed?
- Why has my transfer failed?
- Why has my transfer been declined?
- Why is my transfer still pending?
- Why was I charged a fee for my transfer?
- How do I download my transfer confirmation?