Credit Manager (Policy)
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, we've helped 35+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. We've been officially certified as a Great Place to Work™ in recognition of our outstanding employee experience! So far, we have 8,000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
The credit department at Revolut is anything but ordinary. They design, develop, and launch credit products across the globe. The team manages our products from day one to the end — developing the back and front-end, the data science infrastructure, and then creating a local setup in each country with scalable risk management and portfolio management solutions. It's a big job, but our people are a credit to us all ✨
As a Credit Manager, you'll be responsible for designing credit risk policies, procedures, and strategies for Revolut’s retail lending products. This is a new-ish feature in our portfolio, and as that book grows you'll be managing validation of the underwriting strategy, as well as leading the charge for preventative and reactive actions to the market and product offering 🚀
Up for the challenge? Let's get in touch 👇
What you’ll be doing
- Developing account level valuation frameworks to develop underwriting credit policies using NPV framework to optimise portfolio-level economic returns
- Making data-driven decisions with a special focus on marginal decision-making
- Managing credit limits, risk-based pricing, retention strategies, over-limit policies, etc.
- Adjusting risk return requirements and managing/adjusting portfolio returns as new data comes to light
- Supporting the annual budget, forecast, and planning processes, from assessment of market/industry trends through data gathering and analysis, initiative selection and assessment, preparation of the plan, from concept to delivery
- Tracking, communicating, and drawing insights from performance of ongoing initiatives, while staying on top of all credit KPIs through intensive monitoring
- Identifying operational inefficiencies and managing the implementation of small-scale change within the Credit function
- Ensuring approval and good rating of first line credit risk function from second line, third line, and regulators
What you'll need
- A proven track record of managing the risk cycle for retail credit products like credit cards, unsecured personal loans, etc.
- A bachelor's degree from a top university in an quantitative/analytical field, such as engineering, statistics, physics, math, economics, or management
- A solid understanding of credit policy governance frameworks to work through 2nd/3rd line of defence in a competent manner
- To deliver excellent results that exceed requirements
- To be forward-thinking to plan appropriately, meet multiple objectives, and proactively identify/resolve issues
- A solid understanding of credit and behavioural scoring models, especially for retail credit products
- The ability to explain complex concepts in a clear, simple manner
- To understand the value of speed to market and balance between elegant problem-solving and business needs of the hour
Nice to have
- A master's degree
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, R, Python, and/or other data analysis tools
- A willingness to learn new technology to help business scale
- Vilnius: €6,300 - €6,600 gross monthly*
- Lithuania: €6,300 - €6,600 gross monthly*
- Other locations: Compensation will be discussed during the interview process
*Final compensation will be determined based on the candidate's qualifications, skills, and previous experience
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
Refer to our Data Privacy Statement for Candidates for details on our data handling practices during your application.
Benefits at Revolut
No ping pong tables or bean bag chairs, just benefits you actually want
Get what you need to succeed
- Financial benefits that show we value your work
- Medical insurance for you and your close ones
- Flexibility to work from home, the office or abroad
- A free Revolut Metal subscription loaded with perks
- Exciting events year-round so you can get to know your team
Discover our values
We believe that any success at Revolut comes from two things: our people and our culture. Our culture is our DNA, it defines who we are, how we operate, and how we handle disagreements with each other. We operate, hire, develop, and promote brilliant people based on the values below.
- Get It Done
Revoluters always push through! We stopped listening to excuses a long time ago - we care about results. We believe that grit, determination, skill, smartness, and courage can break through almost any wall.
- Deliver WOW
We love building great products, we love delighting our customers, we love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs.
- Dream Team
We select, coach, and retain the top talent only and give them all the support to achieve greatness
- Never Settle
Revolut is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less. Revolut is for 10x people.
- Think Deeper
Logic, reason, and common sense prevail over everything else in decision making at Revolut. We are open-minded, we listen, and we are always in search of the truth.