Effective date: 30 June 2023
We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- always keep your personal data safe and private
- never sell your personal data
- allow you to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
This privacy notice sets out how we will handle your personal data when you use our website and / or sign up to our waitlist for upcoming product launches in India.
2. About us
Revolut Ltd. (“we”, “us” or “our”) is the company responsible for collecting, and using, your data.
If you have concerns about how we use your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What personal data do you collect about me?
You may provide us with personal data when you:
- fill in any forms
- correspond with us
- respond to any of our surveys
- sign up to Revolut’s waitlist
- speak with a member of our social media or customer support teams (either on the phone or through the Revolut app)
- contact us for other reasons
We will collect the following information:
- your name
- your email address
- your phone number
- any other information you provide us
We will collect this personal data from you directly.
Information collected from your access to our website
Whenever you use our website, we collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, the browser type and version, the time zone setting, the operating system and platform, the type of device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system and the type of mobile browser you use
- information about your visit, including the links you’ve clicked on, through and from our website or app (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling and clicks), and methods used to browse away from the page
4. How do you use my personal data?
We have explained the purposes for which we use your personal data, as well as our lawful bases for doing so, in the table below.
What we use your personal data for
Our legal basis for using your personal data
To invite you to our waitlist. In particular, we will send you a link to download the Revolut app and sign up to Revolut India’s waitlist.
Legitimate interests (to fulfil your request to join the waitlist).
To respond to your queries.
Legitimate interests (to maintain proper customer relations).
To send you updates about Revolut’s launch in India.
Legitimate interests (to keep you up to date with our launch in India).
5. What are my rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access personal data which we hold about you
- the right to ask us to correct your personal data if you think it's wrong
- the right to ask us to delete your personal data in certain circumstances
- the right to object to us processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests
- the right to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data in certain circumstances
- the right to ask us to transfer personal data to you or another company in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format in certain circumstances
- the right to withdraw your consent (where you have previously given us this)
Please note that not all of these rights are absolute and we may not be required to comply with your request where exemptions apply under applicable data protection laws.
You can exercise any of your rights as described in this notice and under data protection laws by contacting Revolut’s Data Protection Officer through email@example.com.
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection regulator if you are unhappy with the way we handled your data.
6. Do you share my personal data with anyone else?
We may share your personal data with the following third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes set out above:
- Other Revolut group members
- Our third party service providers, such as our data hosting providers and communications service providers
7. Do you transfer my personal data outside India?
Revolut is located in the United Kingdom and our main data hosting facilities are located in the United Kingdom and European Union. As such, if you provide us with your personal data, you acknowledge that we will process it outside of India.
However, please rest assured that we will always take steps to make sure that your personal data is protected when we transfer it internationally. This includes entering into Standard Contractual Clauses with third party recipients of your data or transferring it to third parties in countries which are recognised as having an adequate level of protection for personal data.
If you would like more information, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. How long will you keep my personal data for?
We will keep you personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes set out in section 4 (How do you use my personal data?) above. This means we will keep your personal data until Revolut launches fully in India.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. Any changes will be posted on this page. If we make any material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you by email before the change becomes effective.