1. Why this information is important
These terms and conditions govern the relationship between you and us in respect of our Shops service. They apply whenever you use our Shops mini-app in the Revolut app.
Our Shops service allows you to choose one of the following benefits:
- receive a defined amount of cashback on your purchase (“Shops Cashback”); or
- if eligible, use your Pay Later Instalment Account to make a “fee-free” Pay Later purchase (“Shops x Pay Later”).
Our Shops service is provided by Revolut Ltd and is an unregulated service.
2. What do I need to do to get Shops Cashback or to use Shops x Pay Later?
You need to:
- have a Revolut personal account and make sure that your identification documents are up-to-date;
- use the Shops mini-app to start your purchase journey;
- select a Shop Merchant and choose your preferred benefit (Shops Cashback or Shops x Pay Later) when prompted;
- follow any other instructions in the Shops mini-app; and
- when redirected to the Shop Merchant’s website, complete your purchase using any of your Revolut personal debit cards (“Revolut card”).
You can only choose one benefit (Shops Cashback or Shops x Pay Later). You cannot get both benefits on a single purchase.
You must follow all of the above steps to receive a benefit.
For example, you will not receive a benefit if you do not start your purchase journey from the Shops mini-app (even if you make a purchase with a Shops Merchant using your Revolut card). By this we mean that you must be redirected to the Shops Merchant’s website from the Shops mini-app and complete your purchase within this browser session and with the selected Shops Merchant. If you decide to complete a purchase without starting your purchase journey in the Shops mini-app, you will not receive a benefit.
Our Shops service does not apply to in-store purchases with Shops Merchants.
3. How does Shops Cashback work?
Shops Cashback allows you to receive a defined amount of cashback when you complete a Shops purchase. You pay for this purchase from funds in your Revolut account. We will credit any cashback for your Shops purchase to the main balance of your Revolut account.
Shops Cashback is a percentage of the purchase price. We apply a cashback cap per calendar month (i.e. the maximum amount of Shops Cashback that you can receive within a specific period). We will state the rate and cap that apply to Shops Cashback within the Shops mini-app. The rate and cap may vary based on different factors like what Revolut plan you have.
We can vary the rates and caps that apply to Shops Cashback for customers (or a particular category of customers) from time to time for any valid reason and without notice. We will normally only do so due to changes in market conditions, changes in the cost of offering our Shops services to you, changes to our arrangements with Shops Merchants or to improve our service.
You will not be entitled to your Shops Cashback if your Shops purchase is reversed, cancelled or refunded before we award you with your Shops Cashback. If the Shops Cashback has already been awarded to you when this happens, we may reverse it.
4. How does Shops x Pay Later work?
A Pay Later Instalment Account ("Pay Later") is a regulated credit product offered by Revolut Bank which allows you to split purchases into three instalments. Under your Pay Later agreement, Revolut Bank applies a fee for each Pay Later purchase.
Shops x Pay Later allows you to make a “fee-free” Pay Later purchase when using our Shops service. In other words, if you choose Shops x Pay Later as your preferred benefit (and follow the other steps outlined above to complete a Shops purchase), Revolut Bank will waive the fee that would usually apply under your Pay Later agreement.
All other terms of your Pay Later agreement apply as normal. In the event of any conflict between these terms and the terms of your Pay Later agreement with Revolut Bank, the terms of your Pay Later agreement will prevail.
If you are not already an existing Pay Later customer, you will have to satisfy certain eligibility requirements and complete the Pay Later onboarding process (including a creditworthiness assessment). You can get a draft version of a Pay Later agreement as part of the onboarding process, which sets out the terms and conditions that apply to Pay Later.
5. Who are Shops Merchants?
Shops Merchants are all of the third party merchants who appear in the Shops mini-app. A Shops Merchant can be removed at any time for any valid reason and without notice. We normally only do so because we (or a Shops Merchant) have terminated an affiliation in place between us and them, or a Shops Merchant has requested to be removed.
Some Shops Merchants are “unaffiliated” (i.e. we do not have a commercial relationship, affiliation or partnership of any kind with those Shops Merchants). We make this clear when you select a particular Shop Merchant in the Shops mini-app. For these Shops Merchants, we claim no rights of any kind in or to the logo, trademark, brand, copyright or any other intellectual property right of Shops Merchants.
Any purchases that you make via the Shops mini-app takes place within the domain of Shops Merchants and are directly from the Shops Merchants and not from us. Any Shops benefit that you receive from us when making a purchase on a Shops Merchant's website using your Revolut account shall be in addition to any cashback, discount or other offering that may be made available by the Shops Merchant.
In addition to these terms and conditions, a Shops Merchant's terms and conditions may apply to purchases you make on its website and we have no liability whatsoever in relation to any goods, products or services that you purchase from a Shops Merchant; any issues, queries, complaints or other that you wish to raise in regards to your purchase on the a Shops Merchant’s website should be raised directly with the Merchant.
We have no control over, and accept no liability whatsoever in respect of, the contents of any Shops Merchant’s website.
6. What services does Revolut provide to me?
When you use the Shops mini-app, you will be redirected to the website of a Shops Merchant to complete your purchases using your Revolut card.
While our Shops service is provided by Revolut Ltd and is an unregulated service, the underlying payment services that allow you to complete transactions (specifically, the payment transaction you make when you buy from the Shops Merchant, and the awarding of any Shops Cashback) are regulated services. These regulated services are provided by Revolut Bank UAB (Revolut Bank), the entity that provides you with your Revolut account. Our Personal terms apply to the provision of those payment services.
Likewise, Pay Later is a regulated financial service that involves lending money to you. This service is provided to you by Revolut Bank in accordance with the terms of your Pay Later agreement available in your Revolut account.
7. Some legal bits and pieces
- We can change these terms and conditions (or remove them) for any valid reason and without notice. We will make updated terms and conditions available on our website.
- We may refuse to give you a benefit where we become aware you have breached any terms and conditions you have agreed with us (including these terms) or with Revolut Bank (including the terms that apply to your Revolut account and your Pay Later agreement) or have, in our reasonable opinion, abused our Shops service.
- Only you and we have any rights under these terms and conditions. The agreement is personal to you and you cannot transfer any rights or obligations under it to anyone else. We can transfer any of your and our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions, but only if we reasonably think that this won’t have a significant negative effect on your rights under these terms and conditions or we need to do so to satisfy any of our legal or regulatory requirements. When we transfer rights and obligations we call this ‘novation’. When we only transfer rights, we call this ‘assignment’.
- We might provide a translation of these terms and conditions. If we do, the translation is for reference only and the English version will apply.
- To the extent permitted by law these terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed: in accordance with the laws of England and Wales for the non-regulated services brought for you by Revolut Ltd and in accordance with the laws of Lithuania for the regulated payment and lending services provided by Revolut Bank. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the country where you reside.
- Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by: the competent court in England and Wales if they relate to a non-regulated service provided by Revolut Ltd; the competent court in Lithuania or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside if they relate to a regulated payments or lending service provided by Revolut Bank.
- If you have breached these terms and conditions and we don’t enforce our rights, or we delay in enforcing them, this will not prevent us from enforcing those or any other rights at a later date. This is also the case if we have any legal rights that we don’t enforce straight away.