What is a TIN (Tax Identification Number)?
Your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is an identifying number used for tax reporting purposes. Revolut is required to collect this information when you sign up to our app in order to comply with financial regulations. Country examples of TIN include:
Most popular countries:
- France: Numéro Fiscal de Référence (NIF);
- Ireland: Personal Public Service Number (PPS);
- Italy: Codice Fiscale (CF);
- Poland: Numer Identyfikacji Podatkowej albo Powszechny Elektroniczny System Ewidencji Ludnosci (NIP / PESEL);
- Portugal: Número de Identificação Fiscal (NIF);
- Romania: Cod Numeric Personal sau Codul de identificare fiscală (CNP / CIF);
- Spain: Documento Nacional de Identidad / Numero de Identidad de Extranjero (DNI / NIE);
- United States: Social Security Number or Individual Tax Identification Number (SSN or ITIN);
- United Kingdom: National Insurance Number (NI).
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
- Issues with transfers
- How do I send money to a bank account or card?
- Where can I make a bank or card transfer to?
- Will I be charged for sending money to a bank account or card?
- What if I don't know the recipient's account details?
- What are the limits for sending money to a bank account or card?
- How fast is my outbound transfer to a bank account or card?
- Setting up a Standing Order or a Recurring Bank Transfer
- How are international bank payment fees determined?
- What recipient account details are required for transfers to Sweden?
- What is SEPA instant?
- Which cards can I send money to?
- What recipient account details are required for transfers?
- How do I edit bank or card beneficiary details?
- My outbound transfer arrived in different currency?
- Authentication for recipients
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Guide to EUR bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to GBP bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to USD bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Which local account details are available for me?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- When will the bank transfer reach my Revolut account?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- My top-up failed, but the refund didn’t arrive to sender's account
- I received my deposit in a different currency. What can I do?
Transfers between Revolut users
- I did not receive a tracking number for my delivery
- Why is my card not posted yet?
- Where can I get my card delivered to?
- My physical card is not working
- My disposable virtual card is not working
- My contactless card payment is not working
- I have exceeded all my PIN attempts!
- I want to change my card PIN
- What to do if my card was lost or stolen?
- My card has been compromised
- My card has been swallowed by an ATM
- My Revolut card is due to expire – what should I do?
- I've found my 'lost' card – how can I re-link it?
- What is Smart Card Updates?
- I would like a refund for my card