Car Hire Excess Protection
Car hire excess protection is included for Metal customers only.
We cover the specified excess, deductible or damage liability fee you’re liable to pay under your car rental agreement, in case your car is stolen or damaged during this period. Please be aware, this coverage doesn't replace any vehicle coverage.
We’ll pay this excess in case of damage or theft of a rental vehicle, with a limit of £/€2000. The key exclusions are:
- rentals for 32 days or longer;
- rental car loss of value;
- mechanical breakdown.
Please note, the car must have been hired more than 200 km from your home address.
You don’t have to use your Revolut account to pay for the car rental to be eligible for the coverage.
- What makes Revolut travel insurance different?
- Are cruises covered?
- Am I eligible for Revolut travel insurance?
- How do I make a travel insurance claim?
- Am I covered for Covid-19?
- Who is Revolut's travel insurance provider?
- Can my companion be covered by the travel insurance?
- What is the maximum trip duration covered by Revolut travel insurance?
- What is the excess for medical claims?
- Are all countries covered under the travel insurance?
- Can I add winter sports cover?
- I saw a doctor but wasn't admitted to hospital, can I claim back these costs?
- Do I need to submit or declare any pre-existing conditions?
- How do I activate my travel insurance?
- How do I make a complaint about Allianz?
- Does my insurance cover me for airport delays?
- How can I view my insurance policy documents?
- Car Hire Excess Protection
- Does my insurance cover me for cancelled or delayed flights and airport delays?
- How do I get an update on my existing claim?
- I’m abroad and I need medical assistance, what should I do?