How does Revolut decide whether to offer me credit?
Every applicant should be able to provide:
- Monthly Net Income which should be for a minimum of the last three months
- Open Banking connection to your salary bank account, if not paid into Revolut, to verify this income. This applies to accounts in all Banks in Ireland, apart from KBC Bank and the Credit Union. In the event that an applicant's salary is paid into one of those institutions, they will not be able to apply for credit with us at this time. Please consider the benefits of arranging to having your salary paid to their Revolut.
- Your income must be of a sustainable amount to meet your repayment requirements after taking your monthly expenses and existing financial obligations into account.
We will also check your credit history and how you have managed your credit obligations in the past
With bank transfer
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Guide to EUR bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to GBP bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to USD bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Which local account details are available for me?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the bank transfer reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- My top-up failed, but the refund didn’t arrive to sender's account
- I received my deposit in a different currency. What can I do?