Physical presence in the EEA or Switzerland is an essential prerequisite for opening a Revolut account.
It involves confirming that the applicant business is operating within this jurisdiction by providing Revolut with proof of an operating address.
This proof must be dated in the past three months, the following documents are the preferred documents Revolut can accept:
- Rental agreement for the office (duration of the agreement should be at least six months and the agreement must be valid on the day of onboarding);
- Three consecutive invoices and the contract from a co-working space provider (must be valid on the day of onboarding);
- Utility bills e.g. electricity, water, landline telephone bills; or
- Employee payslip with proof of the employee's address in the EEA or Switzerland in addition to their ID showing their right to reside in the EEA or Switzerland.
Revolut also accepts the following documents which may require additional clarification:
- Bank statement that is not from a digital bank;
- National Companies Registry extract including operating address;
- Contract with a customer outlining the range of goods or services and the place they are provided;
- Government correspondence, such as a court order or traffic fine, we cannot accept correspondence from HM Revenue & Customs or Companies House.
If you work from home, you can use your personal address. In this case we accept the above or one of the following:
- Television license, please note that we are not able to accept mobile television subscriptions;
- Rental payment confirmation e.g. invoice/ bill confirming payment for rent;
- Government correspondence e.g. court order, traffic fine;
- Rental agreement for your home.
Please remember that if you share an office we may ask you for additional proof of your operating address.
Please note we cannot accept invoices, bills to a personal address not in your name, bank statements from some digital banks, accountant or company formation service addresses.