What is this Promotion about?
Revolut is offering eligible customers of Vodafone Hungary the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive the following (the “Promotion”):
- Two months of our Premium plan for free (the “Free Trial”); and
- A HUF 5000 cash reward to spend on any eligible Revolut card purchase (the “Cash Reward”).
The promotion runs from 16th March to 16th April 2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion. You must comply with them, and any other terms and conditions that apply to the Revolut account you sign up to.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Not have, or previously had, a Revolut account;
- Live at a residential address in Hungary;
- Be directly invited by Vodafone to participate in the Promotion (through either direct marketing, Vodafone’s app, or Vodafone’s social media); and
- Successfully sign up to Revolut during the Promotion Period using the link in the invite you received from Vodafone.
You will only receive direct marketing from Vodafone if you have consented to it.
How do I start my Free Trial?
When you sign up to your Revolut account, you will have a Standard account by default.
To start your Free Trial of a Premium account, you must be eligible for this Promotion and must upgrade from a Standard account to a Premium account within 72 hours of your Standard account being successfully opened. You can still upgrade within these 72 hours if the Promotion Period ends during them.
Just so you know, our Premium Terms and Conditions will apply if you upgrade. After the Free Trial, our normal subscription and cancellation fees will apply for your Premium account too. These subscription fees are paid either monthly or yearly depending on what you agree to when you upgrade, but your Premium plan will have a 12 month term regardless of how you choose to pay. Your Free Trial period is a free extension to this 12 month term and does not count towards it. We will show you how long your Free Trial will last for in the app before you sign up.
It is free to cancel your subscription during the Free Trial period, but after that normal cancellation rules and fees will apply. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard how long your Free Trial will last, so that you’re aware before you sign up. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Premium Terms and Conditions for more information.
Ordering a Premium card
If you order a Premium card during the Free Trial but also cancel your Premium subscription during the Free Trial, you will have to pay us back for the card, and may have to pay back the delivery fee as well. This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan. See our Premium Fees Page to find out more about the card fees.
How do I get my Cash Reward?
To receive your Cash Reward, you must be eligible for this Promotion and make at least one virtual or physical Revolut card payment of at least HUF 1 within the Promotion Period. You will need to add money to your account in order to make this payment.
We’ll pay your HUF 5000 Cash Reward to your Revolut account within three days of the card transaction being completed.
What other legal information should I know?
- For customers based in Hungary this Promotion is offered by Revolut Payments UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion at any time if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect our goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or Promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice.
- We may reverse any Cash Reward or end any Free Trial if the action you took to earn it was fraudulent, is reversed (e.g. your card payment is refunded), or if you breach these Promotion Terms or any other terms and conditions that apply to your account. By taking part in this Promotion, you consent to this action and authorise us to take it.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before your Cash Reward is paid, you will lose your entitlement to that cash reward.
- Events beyond our control may also occur that make the awarding of a Cash Reward or Free Trial impossible. We will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of our control.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion (e.g. attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- To the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).