Revolut x Sweatcoin Premium Customers Promotion
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Sweatcoin Promotion (“the Promotion”), Revolut is offering Sweatcoin customers on a Sweatcoin Premium plan in the UK and any market in the EEA where Revolut BUAB provides services to customers, except for Poland (the “Eligible EEA Markets”) the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive five (5) months free Revolut Premium subscription plan (the "Revolut Free Trial").
In order to receive the Revolut Free Trial, you must sign up to Revolut through a unique link from Sweatcoin between 26 April 2023 00:00 UTC and 26 June 2023 00:00 UTC (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
If you already have a Revolut Personal account you won’t be eligible for this Promotion. To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
- Live at a residential address in the UK or in an Eligible EEA Market; and
- Either receive marketing directly from Sweatcoin about this Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in Sweatcoin’s app and/or on Sweatcoin’s website and/or on their social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (the “Sweatcoin Promotion Marketing”).
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link in the Sweatcoin Promotion Marketing - this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks; and
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC with a registered address in the UK or in the Eligible EEA Markets with no restrictions on your account, and it must be your first time holding a Personal account with Revolut).
You must complete the above steps before the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Revolut Free Trial.
How do I start my Revolut Free Trial?
You can start your Revolut Free Trial and take part in the Promotion if you meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in this Promotion?”. If you decide not to upgrade, you will remain on the Standard plan which does not have a subscription fee. You can close your Revolut account at any time (see the “How do I close my account?” section of the Personal Terms that apply to your account for more information). You will still have to pay any charges you’ve run up (for example, if you’ve asked for an extra Revolut Card).
If you’re interested in starting your Revolut Free Trial, you will need to upgrade your Revolut Personal account to the Premium subscription plan in the app within 72 hours of your Revolut Personal account being successfully opened, even if the 72 hour period expires after the end of the Promotion Period. This means your Revolut Personal account must be successfully opened before the end of the Promotion Period but it doesn’t matter if you don’t upgrade to the Premium plan until after the end of the Promotion Period; you’ll still be able to start your Revolut Free Trial as long as you upgrade before the 72 hour cut off.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for your Premium plan (see the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Revolut Free Trial. We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Revolut Free Trial. We’ll tell you in the Promotion dashboard in your Revolut app how long you’ll receive your selected Premium plan for free so you’re aware before you sign up - you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms.
You have the right to cancel your Premium subscription during the Revolut Free Trial (your “Cooling-off Period”). Note that the Cooling-off Period will last for the duration of the Revolut Free Trial.
If you order a card during your Revolut Free Trial period and then cancel your Premium plan before the end or at the end of your Revolut Free Trial period, you will have to pay us back for the card delivery fee. If you ordered a second card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your Premium subscription within your Cooling-off Period, you may also have to pay us back for the card delivery fees. This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the card until you decide if you want to keep the plan. Please refer to the Fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
On the expiry of the Revolut Free Trial, you will remain on your Premium plan unless you tell us otherwise, and normal cancellation and billing rules will apply. Our paid plans all have 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. We’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for your Premium plan.
You can also end your Premium subscription at any time after the Revolut Free Trial. However, you may have to pay fees if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information on the normal cancellation rules that apply once your Revolut Free Trial ends.
What other legal information should I know?
- For customers based in the United Kingdom, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD.
- For customers based in the Eligible EEA Markets, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis.
- We may cancel this Promotion or change these Promotion Terms at any time. If we change these Promotion Terms or cancel this Promotion, we will announce the change or cancellation in the same way we announced this Promotion. We will also publish the updated version of these Promotion Terms on our website. Any changes to the Promotions Terms do not affect your rights, if you have already participated in the Promotion.
- We agree to give you the Revolut Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Revolut Free Trial). After your Revolut Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay monthly or annually, and your Revolut Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Revolut Free Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- For customers of Revolut Ltd, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England.
- For customers of Revolut Bank UAB, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).