Revolut for travel
You don't have to let us know when you're planning to travel. To make your experience abroad as seamless and enjoyable as possible, we've provided some handy tips and advice:
Verify your identity
You will need to verify your identity before you jet off on your trip! Your Revolut account is not functional until we're certain who you are in compliance with financial regulations, a process which usually takes less than 5 minutes. To verify your identity, please navigate to the 'Profile' section to submit pictures of yourself, your photo ID documents, and in some cases a visa or residence permit.
Have your card ready
You will need to order a physical card for card-present payments and cash withdrawals. Make sure you allow ample time for your physical card to arrive, as in some rare cases it can take longer than expected. A normal chip-and-PIN transaction is required first in order to activate contactless payments.
Add money before you leave
The best way to load a large amount of money into your Revolut account is via a bank transfer. If you add money by card, we would recommend adding money automatically so you don't have to worry about insufficient funds while travelling. You should also confirm your deposit card before you go, so that all your transactions go smoothly while you're on the move.
Opt to be billed in the local currency
Some ATMs or POS terminals might ask you whether you would like to complete the transaction 'with conversion' or 'without conversion', you should always choose 'without conversion'. If you choose 'with conversion' or accept the rate proposed by the terminal, the ATM provider or merchant can apply their own exchange rate, which is not the interbank rate, and make a profit on your transaction. As a rule of thumb, you should always opt to be charged in the local currency of the country you're in! Choose Thai Baht if you’re in Thailand, Euros in Spain, or US Dollars in the United States.
With bank transfer
- Can I get my salary paid into my Revolut account?
- How do I transfer money to my Revolut account from another bank account?
- Guide to EUR bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to GBP bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to USD bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Guide to international SWIFT bank transfers to your Revolut account
- Which local account details are available for me?
- Will I be charged for an inbound transfer?
- When will the bank transfer reach my Revolut account?
- Which currencies are supported for inbound transfers?
- Which countries are not supported for inbound transfers?
- What if my IBAN for SEPA transfer is not accepted?
- Can I receive bank transfers in INR?
- What should I do if a transfer doesn't arrive to my Revolut account?
- Why has the transfer to my account been reverted?
- Where can I find my local account details?
- Changes to HUF local account details
- My top-up failed, but the refund didn’t arrive to sender's account
- I received my deposit in a different currency. What can I do?
- How do I add money to my Revolut account with another card?
- What cards and currencies are supported?
- Will I be charged for adding money by card?
- Are there any card deposit limits?
- My card deposit failed
- Why is my card deposit pending?
- Why has my card deposit been reverted?
- My top-up by card failed but I was charged for it
- Why was I charged a fee for my card deposit?
- Verifying my deposit card