Chief Financial Officer (Mexico)
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 20+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
We are looking to bring onboard a world-class CFO that will lead the organization from startup to millions of customers while rolling out new products and gaining licenses to operate new business models ⭐️
A tech-savvy and result-oriented CFO to manage and coordinate all aspects of finance from financial control and trading to overseeing accounting, tax functions and treasury in Mexico 🇲🇽
We need someone with vision and ideas who will tackle any problem as well as the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
Are you that person?
What you’ll be doing
- Building from scratch and leading Revolut Mexico’s Finance department including Accounting and Financial Control, Financial Planning & Analysis, Regulatory Reporting and Tax functions as well as our financial data infrastructure teams
- Overseeing and governing the preparation of financial statements and the external audit process
- Providing Finance expertise as a member of the Executive Committee and main point of contact for Revolut Mexico’s Board of Directors and its sub-committees
- Driving the periodic company-wide budgeting process and establishing annual financial Company Goals that align with the Revolut’s plans for growth and expansion
- Management, accounting, financial reporting and control, trading and treasury function to support rapid expansion and long term growth
- Driving the company’s financial planning and reporting
- Performing risk management function by overseeing liabilities and investments
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
- Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Drive an increase in financial performance
- Set up and oversee our finance IT system
- Control and evaluate capital structure
- Providing support to external consultants and manage a timely and effective audit
What you'll need
- 10+ years of experience in finance functions within financial service industry
- Deep understanding of bank’s balance sheet, key regulatory ratios, accounting of securities portfolios, loans and hedge accounting principles
- Strong experience in building build a bank P&L and B/S (with key ratios) model from scratch
- Proven experience raising private investment and/or exposure to a public offering process
- A solid understanding or credit and reserves
- Previous experience in top-tier investment banking/ PE, Strategy Consulting firm, fast growing start-up
- Experience building and leading remote teams
- Credibility and confidence to build relationship and trust with key stakeholders, including Revolut’s leadership and regulators
- Strong technical skills to understand and design the financial system infrastructure
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
- 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects
- Ability to plan and organize work so that it is efficient and effective
- English is our official language, it is a must to have
Nice to have
- Experience working in a startup
- SQL / Python / Systems knowledge
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
Benefits at Revolut
No ping pong tables or bean bag chairs, just benefits you actually want
Get what you need to succeed
- Financial benefits that show we value your work
- Medical insurance for you and your close ones
- Flexibility to work from home, the office or abroad
- A free Revolut Metal subscription loaded with perks
- Exciting events year-round so you can get to know your team
Discover our values
We believe that any success at Revolut comes from two things: our people and our culture. Our culture is our DNA, it defines who we are, how we operate, and how we handle disagreements with each other. We operate, hire, develop, and promote brilliant people based on the values below.
Revoluters always push through! We stopped listening to excuses a long time ago - we care about results. We believe that grit, determination, skill, smartness, and courage can break through almost any wall.
We love building great products, we love delighting our customers, we love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs.
We select, coach, and retain the top talent only and give them all the support to achieve greatness
Revolut is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less. Revolut is for 10x people.
Logic, reason, and common sense prevail over everything else in decision making at Revolut. We are open-minded, we listen, and we are always in search of the truth.