How do I withdraw money from my Personal Vault?
Need to move money from your Regular Vault back to your main Revolut account? No problem. Simply select ‘Withdraw’ and choose the amount to move. It’ll appear in your main Revolut account instantly. If you choose ‘Close Vault’, we’ll move the entire Vault balance back to your main account and close the Vault.
Introduction to stock trading
- What is a stock?
- Where do stocks come from?
- What is stock ownership?
- Why do people buy stocks?
- How could you lose money from buying stocks?
- What are stock markets?
- What is a stock broker?
- What is a stock price?
- What is a bid-offer spread?
- What are stock charts?
- What is commission?
- What are bullish vs bearish markets?
- What is technical analysis?
- What is fundamental analysis?
- What are analyst recommendations?
- What are stock financials?
- What is EPS (earnings per share)?
- What is a P/E ratio (Price-to-Earnings)?
- What is a P/CF ratio (Price-to-Cashflow)?
- What is ROE (Return on Equity)?
- What is Market Sentiment?
- What are Market Sentiment Indicators?
- What is the VIX?
- How does News and Social Media impact stocks?
Getting started with trading
- How do I open a trading account?
- What types of trading accounts are supported?
- Funding my investment account
- Why should I provide information about my income and occupation to trade?
- Why does Revolut need my National Identifier?
- How do I submit documents?
- I am associated with another broker-dealer. Can I still open a trading account?
- Custody Fees
- What’s available to trade?
- When can I trade?
- Are there limits on how often I can trade?
- Can I use leverage to trade?
- What is a fractional share?
- Reporting taxes on my investments
- How is the portfolio value calculated?
- Do I see real-time security prices?
- What fees will I be charged for my trading?
- Are there any order limits to trade?
- Can I set price alerts for trading?
- How are my orders routed when I trade?
- What type of orders can I submit?
- What is a Limit Order?
- What is a Stop Order?
- What is a Market Order?
- What is a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC)?
- Closing my stock position
- What is a 'Trading Day'?
- Is it possible to automatically reinvest dividends?
- What is a trading halt?
- What happens to my stocks if a company is delisted?
- Can I participate in voting at meetings for companies that I own shares in?
- What happens to my trading account if a company issues a dividend?
- Can I cancel a pending order?
- What is a day trade?
- Using your credit card or a personal loan to trade stocks
- Top Movers
- Accessing my Trading Statements and Reports
- Managing my Trading notifications
- How can I reach out to Customer Support?
- Can I assign a beneficiary to my account?
- Why can't I withdraw my funds from my trading account?
- Can I transfer my account from another broker?
- Can I receive daily trade confirmation statements?
- How do I close my trading account?
Trading and Brexit
- How will Brexit affect trading with Revolut?
- Will the custody arrangements of the investments I have made via the Revolut App continue to be kept safe and secure by DriveWealth’s custodians after 31 December 2020?
- What’s the plan for the Revolut trading service post-Brexit?
- I live in the UK, what's the impact of Brexit on me?
- Will my investments continue to be covered under EU regulation after Brexit?
- Will I still be able to make a complaint about RTL after Brexit?
- Will I still be able to seek compensation if RTL is unable to meet its obligations to me after Brexit?
- My investments are held with a third-party broker in the DriveWealth LLC. Does Brexit affect my financial protections in the US?
- What are the main differences between EU regulatory protections and UK consumer protection law?