What is the Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut x Vodafone Promotion (the “Promotion”), Revolut is offering Vodafone users in Greece the opportunity to sign up to Revolut for the first time and receive:
- a Cash Award of €35 – a cash award that we will credit in your account and that you can use for any physical or virtual Revolut card payments (the “Cash Award”). You will have access to the cash after you order your free Revolut physical card, top up your Revolut Account and successfully make your first three virtual or physical Revolut card payments. These first three Revolut card transactions can be of any value above €1 (or currency equivalent) and can be made to any merchant.
In order to receive the Cash Award you must sign up to Revolut through a unique link from Vodafone that has promoted the Cash Award (the “Partner”). The Promotion will run for a specific period of time as that is clearly set out in the Partner’s app and/or on the Partner’s website and/or on their social media as well as on the Revolut page when you click on the unique link for the Promotion. You must sign up to Revolut through a unique link from Vodafone between 00:00 GMT on 2nd October 2023 and 00:00 on 2nd December 2023 (the “Promotion Period”).
These terms (the “Promotion Terms”) set out the rules that apply to this Promotion, and you must comply with these Promotion Terms and also the terms that apply to your Revolut Personal account at all times when participating in this Promotion.
Users based in Greece will be eligible for the Cash Award, as long as they meet the eligibility criteria within the Promotion Period.
What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for the Promotion, you must:
- Live at a residential address in Greece; and
- Either receive marketing directly from the Partner about the Promotion or see the Promotion marketed in the Partner’s app and/or on the Partner’s website and/or on their social media so you can follow the below steps to benefit from the Promotion (you will only receive an email/SMS/push notification from the Partner if you have already provided your personal data to the Partner and are happy for the Partner to send marketing to you).
You will also need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the unique link for the Promotion from the Partner’s website or the unique link for the Promotion received in the email/SMS/push notification from the Partner – this link will redirect you to Revolut’s website where you will need to provide your phone number. Once you have provided your phone number, you will be directed to the sign up flow for a Revolut Personal account;
- Follow the steps for opening a Revolut Personal account and complete our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks before the end of the Promotion Period. If you already have a Revolut Personal account you won’t be eligible for the Promotion; and
- Be successfully onboarded to Revolut (this means you have to pass KYC with a registered address in Greece) with no restrictions on your account before the end of the Promotion Period;
- Order your first Revolut physical card;
- Top up your Revolut Personal Account and use your balance to make three successful card transactions of a value that is more than €1 (or currency equivalent).
You must successfully complete all of the above steps by the end of the Promotion Period in order to receive the Cash Award.
How do I get my Cash Award?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and complete the steps outlined in “What do I need to do to take part in the Promotion?”, after you order your first physical card and make your first three completed virtual or physical Revolut card transactions, the Cash Award will be credited to your Revolut account.
The first three Revolut card transactions can be of any value above €1 and can be made to any merchant. You will need to make your first three Revolut card transactions before the end of the Promotion Period to receive the Cash Award. We’ll credit your account with the Cash Award within 7 days of the first three card transactions being completed.
Which transactions are eligible for the Cash Award?
After you make your first three completed virtual or physical Revolut card transactions, the Cash Award will be credited to your Revolut account within 7 days of the first three card transactions being completed. It doesn’t matter whether your Revolut card payments are with Partner or another merchant. However, the payments must be a genuine purchase (for example, card transactions to payment service providers and money transfers are not valid). We can't give you the Cash Award when doing so would break any law or regulation. Sometimes we can recover the Cash Award from you if:
- the payment that earned the Cash Award is refunded to you;
- you earned the Cash Award fraudulently; or
- you broke these Promotion Terms or the Terms and Conditions that apply to your Revolut Personal account in order to get the Cash Award.
We will recover the amount of the Cash Award by taking it out of your Revolut Personal account. We will consider the recovery of any Cash Award to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorized by you.
What other legal information should I know?
- This Promotion is organized and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit in relation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel the Promotion, or change these Promotion Terms at any time. If we are going to change or cancel the Promotion before the Promotion Period ends, we’ll give you a notice through the Revolut app and/or email. Any changes to the Promotion Terms do not affect your rights, if you have already participated in the Promotion.
- You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before we were due to credit your account with the Cash Award or between the time of qualifying for the Cash Award and receiving the Cash Award that you were entitled to under the Promotion, you will lose your entitlement to the Cash Award.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of the Cash Award as part of the Promotion impossible. Revolut will not be liable for any loss, whether directly or indirectly suffered, as a result of an event outside of its control.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of the Promotion (such as for example attempting to obtain an unfair advantage through deception) we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Promotion cannot derive any rights from the translated version. The English language version of these terms shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in any legal proceedings.
- To the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of Greece. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of Greece).