How do spare change round-ups work?
With spare change round-ups, we’ll round-up your Revolut card purchases to the nearest whole number, and stash the difference in your Vault.
For example, if you spend £2.90 on coffee, we’ll round it up to £3.00 and place £0.10 in your chosen Vault. Easy wins.
Want to reach your goals faster? You can choose to double or triple your spare change contributions, or even multiply them by a factor of 10.
Toggle this feature on and off easily for complete control.
Introduction to stock trading
- What is a stock?
- Where do stocks come from?
- What is stock ownership?
- Why do people buy stocks?
- How could you lose money from buying stocks?
- What are stock markets?
- What is a stock broker?
- What is a stock price?
- What is a bid-offer spread?
- What are stock charts?
- What is commission?
- What are bullish vs bearish markets?
- What is technical analysis?
- What is fundamental analysis?
- What are analyst recommendations?
- What are stock financials?
- What is EPS (earnings per share)?
- What is a P/E ratio (Price-to-Earnings)?
- What is a P/CF ratio (Price-to-Cashflow)?
- What is ROE (Return on Equity)?
- What is Market Sentiment?
- What are Market Sentiment Indicators?
- What is the VIX?
- How does News and Social Media impact stocks?
Getting started with trading
- How do I open a trading account?
- What types of trading accounts are supported?
- Funding my investment account
- Why should I provide information about my income and occupation to trade?
- Why does Revolut need my National Identifier?
- How do I submit documents?
- I am associated with another broker-dealer. Can I still open a trading account?
- Custody Fees
- Where can I find my Trading account number?
- What fees will I be charged for my trading?
- What’s available to trade?
- When can I trade?
- Are there limits on how often I can trade?
- Can I use leverage to trade?
- What is a fractional share?
- Reporting taxes on my investments
- How is the portfolio value calculated?
- Do I see real-time security prices?
- Are there any order limits to trade?
- Can I set price alerts for trading?
- How are my orders routed when I trade?
- What type of orders can I submit?
- What is a Limit Order?
- What is a Stop Order?
- What is a Market Order?
- What is a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC)?
- Closing my stock position
- What is a 'Trading Day'?
- Is it possible to automatically reinvest dividends?
- What is a trading halt?
- What is an ADR?
- What happens to my stocks if a company is delisted?
- Can I participate in voting at meetings for companies that I own shares in?
- What happens to my trading account if a company issues a dividend?
- Can I cancel a pending order?
- What is a day trade?
- Using your credit card or a personal loan to trade stocks
- Top Movers
- How does Revolut process Corporate Actions?
- What is a stock split?
- What happens to my orders during a trading halt?
- What happens if a company I own shares in goes through a merger or acquisition?
- Accessing my Trading Statements and Reports
- Managing my Trading notifications
- How can I reach out to Customer Support?
- Can I assign a beneficiary to my account?
- Why can't I withdraw my funds from my trading account?
- Can I transfer my account from another broker?
- Can I receive daily trade confirmation statements?
- How do I close my trading account?
- Buy block
- Why we may need to close your trading account?
- Why are you asking me for documents to open or continue using Revolut Trading?
- Can I have more than one Stocks Trading account?
- Re-opening my Revolut Trading account
- The stock I would like to buy isn't in the app. Can you add it?
- How do I update my Trading account details?
Trading and Brexit
- How will Brexit affect trading with Revolut?
- Will the custody arrangements of the investments I have made via the Revolut App continue to be kept safe and secure by DriveWealth’s custodians after 31 December 2020?
- What’s the plan for the Revolut trading service post-Brexit?
- I live in the UK, what's the impact of Brexit on me?
- Will my investments continue to be covered under EU regulation after Brexit?
- Will I still be able to make a complaint about RTL after Brexit?
- Will I still be able to seek compensation if RTL is unable to meet its obligations to me after Brexit?
- My investments are held with a third-party broker in the DriveWealth LLC. Does Brexit affect my financial protections in the US?
- What are the main differences between EU regulatory protections and UK consumer protection law?