- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account or card
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- Revolut Pockets
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
Why has my card payment been declined?
Some of the most common reasons resulting in your Revolut card being declined are:
- Entering the wrong PIN/ expiration date/CVC check card details by selecting the 'Show card details' option by tapping on the card in the 'Cards' section in the app
- Declines due to exceeding incorrect PIN/CVC tries or certain payment types (swipe, contactless) being disabled in your security settings.
- Your card has been frozen (blocked) if frozen, you will see an 'unfreeze card' button on tapping on the card in the 'Cards' section in the app, use the button to 'unfreeze'
- Issues with 3DS verification for online payments.
- Transactions declined by our automated security system.
If the transaction was declined, but the payment shows as completed, fill out our online chargeback form, so we can help you with the issue.
To submit a chargeback form, go to your transactions' history in the app, choose the transaction you'd like to report and tap on 'Report an issue'. You'll be able to submit a chargeback form from there.
If the transaction is still pending, the funds should be credited back to your account automatically. In this case, allow 8 days from the moment the payment was made before submitting the form.
Our team should get back to you in a few working days with an update and information on estimated resolution time frame.
If a payment was declined, but is not visible in your transactions' list, please see this article.
Due to international sanctions in place, it's currently not possible to make card payments with your Revolut card in Russia.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
- I suspect that my card is blocked
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission