Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
Revolut has a 'Location-based security' feature that compares your phone's last known location with the location of the card terminal at the time of payment. If the two locations do not match, the transaction will be declined to protect your funds in case your card is stolen.
You can turn this feature off at any time in the 'Cards' section, in the PIN & Security tab.
Issues with card payments
- Why is my card payment pending?
- Why has my card payment been declined?
- I don't recognise a card payment
- I've been charged more than once for the same transaction
- Why did Revolut charge me for card payment?
- Why did the merchant charge a fee for my card payment?
- Exchange rate for my card payment is wrong
- Why do I see an extra small charge on my statement?
- Why has my card payment been reverted?
- Declined payment is not visible in transactions list
- Payment declined by security system
- Payment declined due to geolocation mismatch
- Why my online payment was declined?
- I've been charged for a declined payment
- I suspect that my card is blocked
I don't recognise a card payment
- I was not supposed to be charged by a specific merchant
- I am getting charged for a subscription I canceled or I was not aware I was signing up for
- Merchant's name and location are showing differently
- I was charged incorrectly with a merchant I recognise
- This transaction was made by someone else without my permission