- Card issues
- Getting a card
- Paying by card
- Splitting expenses with Group Bills
- Withdrawing cash
- Sending money to a bank account
- Sending money to another Revolut account
- Paying via Direct Debit
- Revolut Gifting
- Making donations
- Revolut Pockets
- What is Revolut Pay payment method ?
- Revolut Shopper
- Getting Help with Bank Transfers
Why is my beneficiary not allowed?
As a regulated financial institution, Revolut is not allowed to provide payment services to certain countries, banks, and entities. We're also unable to process payments to high-risk merchants, notably cryptocurrency exchanges. We're sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.
We don't currently support the creation of a beneficiary in the following transfer routes:
- USD transfers to Barbados, Curaçao, Gibraltar, Jersey, Malta, St Maarten, Georgia, Malaysia or Monaco
- EUR transfers to St Maarten
- CHF and NOK transfers to Malta
Issues with transfers
- My recipient has not received the money I sent
- I want to cancel a transfer
- Why is my beneficiary not allowed?
- Why has my transfer failed?
- Why has my transfer been declined?
- Why is my transfer still pending?
- Why was I charged a fee for my transfer?
- Why was my return payment less than the original amount sent?
- How do I download my transfer confirmation?