Application Security Engineer
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 18+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 3000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
Our Technology team isn’t just one of the best in the industry, it’s one of the best in the world. And we’re proud of it. It’s our driving force; our engine 🚀 From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, there’s nothing (and we mean nothing) our tech team can’t do. Our Technology team isn’t here to fix legacy systems – it’s here to build world-class financial products from the ground up.
Products that will be used by millions of people around the world (18+ million people, not that we’re counting) 🌎
Do you have a weird thing for bugs? No, not insects – the computer ones 🖥
If so, you’re the one for us. We’re looking for a Mid level or Senior Application Security Engineer to join our Information Security team.
But, it’s not that easy – remember, we Never Settle 💪
You’ll need to be able to show your passion with bug bounty findings, community talks, certifications, and blog posts on your interest.
If this is ‘so you’, you know where to find us… 👀
What you’ll be doing
- Providing knowledge, experience and support across all our security teams, and wider Technology and Business teams, as well as associated initiatives
- Performing source code reviews across Revolut’s projects
- Performing web and mobile app security testing
- Managing and reviewing external testing and bug bounty programs
- Innovating & building tools and solutions to add to our arsenal of security monitoring and testing procedures
- Getting involved in the Software Development Life Cycle, embedding security architecture principles and efficient risk-based change review processes to support our product releases
- Thinking of and implementing new ways to automate and improve security across our business
What you'll need
- 3+ years of experience in the information security field
- Experience performing security testing (code review and web application security testing)
- Experience with Java, Swift, Python, Scala
- An understanding of the technology stack
- An ability to automate and script your work (Python, bash scripts)
- A love for solving problems
- SAST/DAST skills
- The ability to explain complex things in an easy way
- An eye for details
- Experience developing security tools
- To be familiar with automations
- An understanding of DevSecOps
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
Benefits at Revolut
No ping pong tables or bean bag chairs, just benefits you actually want
Get what you need to succeed
- Financial benefits that show we value your work
- Medical insurance for you and your close ones
- Flexibility to work from home, the office or abroad
- A free Revolut Metal subscription loaded with perks
- Exciting events year-round so you can get to know your team
Discover our values
We believe that any success at Revolut comes from two things: our people and our culture. Our culture is our DNA, it defines who we are, how we operate, and how we handle disagreements with each other. We operate, hire, develop, and promote brilliant people based on the values below.
Revoluters always push through! We stopped listening to excuses a long time ago - we care about results. We believe that grit, determination, skill, smartness, and courage can break through almost any wall.
We love building great products, we love delighting our customers, we love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution that truly solves customer needs.
We select, coach, and retain the top talent only and give them all the support to achieve greatness
Revolut is for those who always strive for excellence, for those who want to become the best in the world at what they do, for those who would never settle for less. Revolut is for 10x people.
Logic, reason, and common sense prevail over everything else in decision making at Revolut. We are open-minded, we listen, and we are always in search of the truth.