Revolut Metal Cashback Promotion Terms
What is this Promotion about?
As part of the Revolut Metal Cashback Promotion (“The Promotion”) Revolut will award cashback to a select number of lucky Revolut customers who:
- Are subscribed to the Revolut Metal plan during the Promotion Period; and
- Make eligible card payments as a Metal subscriber during the Promotion Period.
Each winner will be eligible to receive cashback up to the value of 100% of their winning card payment. The maximum total cashback amount is capped at £300 / EUR 300 / BGN 600 or NOK 3000 (depending on the base currency of your country) per winning card payment (“The Cashback Award”). Each Revolut customer may win only one Cashback Award.
This promotion will run from 12:01 GMT on 1 March 2023 to 12:00 GMT on 15 March 2023 (“The Promotion Period”).
Who is eligible to take part in the Promotion?
To be eligible for this Promotion, you must have:
- a personal account with Revolut Ltd, Revolut Bank UAB or its branch in France (this means that you are not eligible if you hold a business account);
- completed our signup process and passed our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) checks;
- a positive account balance;
- a registered account address in an Eligible Market; and
- personally received an email or push notification or a message in your inbox regarding the Promotion or have seen an in-app invitation from Revolut to participate in the Promotion. (You will only receive this type of communication if you have already provided your personal data to us and are happy for Revolut to send marketing to you).
In addition, only customers who are currently on the Standard plan are eligible to receive one month of Revolut’s Metal Subscription Plan for free. (All customers - whatever plan they currently have - are eligible for the Cashback Award if they are on a Metal plan and spend during the Promotion Period.)
Finally, your account must not be suspended, closed or restricted in any way.
What are the Eligible Markets?
The Eligible Markets for this Promotion are:
- England, Scotland and Wales if you are a Revolut Ltd customer; and
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Slovakia and Spain if you are a customer of Revolut Bank UAB or its branch in France.
How do I participate in this Promotion?
To receive one month of Revolut’s Metal Subscription Plan for free (“The Free Trial”) you need to upgrade your current Standard subscription plan to Revolut’s Metal Plan during the Promotion Period. You can find more information on the Free Trial offer below.
If you are not already on the Metal plan, to be eligible for the Cashback Award you must first upgrade your current Standard, Plus or Premium subscription plan to Revolut’s Metal Plan during the Promotion Period. (Please note that only customers currently on the Standard plan are eligible for the Free Trial.)
Once you are on the Metal plan, you need to make a transaction using your Revolut account. We call each of these transactions an "Eligible Transaction".
We will only include transactions as Eligible Transactions if they are completed, processed and recorded in Revolut’s system by 12:00pm GMT on 15 March 2023.
Please note that we can’t treat a transaction as an Eligible Transaction if doing so would break any law or regulation. You should also know that the transaction must be to pay for goods or services; therefore, if the payment you make is just to another account or payment card (such as an e-wallet, a bank account or a card account), we will not treat this as an Eligible Transaction.
On 22 March 2023, Revolut will compile a list of all Eligible Transactions and do two draws:
- In the first draw, we will select as a winning transaction every 5,000th Eligible Transaction made by customers who have upgraded to Metal from Standard, Plus and Premium plans;
- In the second draw, we will select as a winning transaction every 10,000th Eligible Transaction made by customers who were on the Metal plan at the start of the Promotion Period.
Each customer is eligible to receive cashback up to the value of 100% of their winning card payment. The maximum total cashback amount is capped at £300 / EUR 300 / BGN 600 or NOK 3000 (depending on the base currency of your country) per winning card payment (“The Cashback Award”). Each Revolut customer may win only one Cashback Award.
How do I receive my Cashback Award?
If you are selected as a winner, you will receive an email confirming that you have won. Revolut will credit the Cashback Award into your Revolut account within 2 business days of us sending you notification of your win.
Only customers who are on our Standard plan prior to this Promotion are eligible for the Free Trial.
In order to receive the Free Trial you must follow the steps to upgrade your Revolut account through the unique link we shared with you informing you of this Promotion. You do not need to be selected as a winner of the Promotion Prize in order to access your Free Trial.
Just so you know, the terms and conditions for the subscription plan you are being offered as part of the Promotion (see Plus, Premium and Metal Terms) will apply to you during your Free Trial.
We will not charge you for the period of time included in your Free Trial. The duration of the Free Trial will be made known to you when you click on the unique link for the Promotion. You will also be able to see this information in the Promotion dashboard in your Revolut App. On the expiry of the Free Trial, normal cancellation and billing rules will apply and we’ll start taking payments for your subscription either monthly or yearly depending on what you agreed to when you signed up for the paid plan.
If you order a Metal card during your Free Trial period and then cancel your subscription plan before the end or at the end of your Free Trial period, we will charge you £40 (or the equivalent in your local currency) and the delivery fee. This is to cover our costs. For this reason, it might make sense to hold off on ordering the Metal card until you decide if you want to keep the plan.
You may also have to pay a card delivery fee if you order another card or additional Revolut cards and you decide to cancel your subscription plan within your cooling off period. Please refer to the Subscription plan fees page to see the fees associated with card delivery.
You have the right to cancel your subscription plan within the Free Trial (your “cooling off period”) but after the Free Trial period ends, normal cancellation rules will apply.
Make sure you remember that our paid plans are all on 12 month terms whether you choose to pay-monthly or pay-annually. You can leave these paid plans early, but fees may apply if you do. See the “Fees for downgrading your Plus, Premium or Metal subscription” section of the Plus, Premium and Metal Terms for more information.
What other legal information should I know?
- For customers based in the United Kingdom, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Ltd, a company whose registered address is at 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD.
- For customers based in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Slovakia and Spain, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB, a company whose registered address is at Konstitucijos ave. 21B, 08130 Vilnius, Lithuania.
- For customers of the Revolut Bank UAB French branch, this Promotion is organised and offered by Revolut Bank UAB acting via its branch in France whose registered office is at (Servcorp) 10 avenue Kléber, 75116 Paris, France.
- We may suspend or end the Promotion earlier than the end date we’ve mentioned above if, in our reasonable opinion, the Promotion is being abused or may negatively affect Revolut’s goodwill or reputation. We may do this on an individual or promotion-wide basis. Please contact Support if you believe you qualify for a particular benefit.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy and an unofficial translation only. Participants of the Prelation to the Promotion that has not been awarded to you as a result of this early suspension or termination.
- We can cancel this Promotion or change these Promotion Terms at any time without notice. If we are going to change or cancel the Promotion before the Promotion Period ends, we’ll give you a notice through the Revolut app and/or email. Any changes to the Promotion Terms do not affect your rights, if you have already participated in the Promotion.
- We agree to give you a Revolut Free Trial by not charging you for the relevant period (we’ll tell you what this period is before you start your Free Trial). After your Revolut Free Trial period ends, all normal billing and cancellation rules will apply. Our paid plans have a 12 month term whether you choose to pay-monthly or annually, and your Revolut Free Trial period will not count towards the 12 month term. We will show you how long your Revolut Free Trial will last for in the Promotion dashboard in the Revolut app before you sign up and you’ll also be able to see this information in these Terms. You cannot ask us to extend the Promotion if you miss it.
- We reserve the right to reverse any Cashback Award you receive if you earned the Cashback Award fraudulently, if you breach the terms that apply to your Revolut account in order to get the Cashback Award, or if we become aware you were not compliant with these Promotion Terms. We will consider the reversal of any Cashback Award to have been done with your consent and the payment to have been authorised by you.
- If you close your Revolut account or your account becomes suspended or restricted before we were due to credit your account with any Cashback Award or between the time of qualifying for the Cashback Award and receiving the Cashback Award that you were entitled to under this Promotion, you will lose your entitlement to that Cashback Award.
- Events beyond the control of Revolut may also occur that render the awarding of the Cashback Award arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in England.
- For the customers of Revolut Bank UAB, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in the Republic of Lithuania (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).
- For the customers of Revolut Bank UAB French branch, to the extent permitted by law, these Promotion Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of France. Despite this, you can still rely on the mandatory consumer protection rules of the EEA country where you live. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in France (or in the courts of any EU Member State where you reside).